The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Did think it odd that Gogic still hadn't signed for anybody when all the European leagues are up and running. Makes sense then if he was planning to go to India where the season begins in October.
Whether it's cold feet with the Indian club or he's been sold a pup, it's a pretty difficult situation for him: young family, no wage and a more limited choice of clubs than he would have had 3 months ago. Presumably, he hasn't trained properly since he left us in May so will take awhile to get up to speed.
Hopefully we can sort him out with something!

He has been staying super fit from his Instagram account. Not sure on match fitness though.

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Surely we'll be on the phone to Sevco to see if they want to take Reid now. Wonder if we might even drop/lower our sell-on demands.

Just can't see the boy getting any minutes with us, which kinda kills the whole 'we're best for his development' claim.

He is still only 17 to he fair. John McGinn only broke into the first team at this age. 

If Reid isn't willing to sign a new long term deal with us, what can we do for him? He didn't get into Queens Parks team last season in League One, does that prove he is ready for Premiership football week in week out?

I'd rather he stayed here, signed a new deal and lives up to the potential that we have heard about, then earns the club shit loads in transfer fees.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we get this Gogic deal over the line. He was brillinat for us last season.

He'll add a bit of steel in the middle of the park and would let Baccus play a bit further forward, which I am all for.

If we can add some cover at left back I;d be hapy with the squad.

2 year deal is good, at least we don't need to worry about him having a 6 month spell then buggering off to one of our rivals.

I imagine the one person not so keen to hear of Gogic joining would be Erhahon. He's pretty much been playing the position you'd expect Gogic to play in.

Recently I am completely out of step with the majority of saints fans. Who would you drop from midfield to fit him in ? I think Ethan has started the season brilliantly and Keana is a real find. 

Would you drop Main and go back to 1 up top ? 

I just don't get it. He's just an average midfield player. Suppose last year he was playing alongside Power so that makes him look better I suppose.

I see him as a squad player, don't get all the excitement. 

(Yes I am a miserable b*****d)

5 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Recently I am completely out of step with the majority of saints fans. Who would you drop from midfield to fit him in ? I think Ethan has started the season brilliantly and Keana is a real find. 

Would you drop Main and go back to 1 up top ? 

I just don't get it. He's just an average midfield player. Suppose last year he was playing alongside Power so that makes him look better I suppose.

I see him as a squad player, don't get all the excitement. 

(Yes I am a miserable b*****d)

Find it amazing anyone that watched Gogic last year thinks he’s an average midfielder. Also offers a bit of cover at CH if needed but for me he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.