The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

It's a load of bollocks. Well have just paid compensation to a management team that had just signed a 3 year deal. Now they want to sign a management team that have a 2 year deal to run? And after financially losing out in Europe where they wouldn't have expected? Far too much cash thrown down the drain. They need someone who is out of work. Stubbs fits the bill.

I think we’d be mad to stand in Motherwell’s way if they ask to speak to him, or to ask for any kind of compensation. Given the terrible end to last season and even worse start to this one, he’s probably one more bad run away from the sack, and that really would be expensive.
He arrived in February, has there been a single good performance in the five months since? Probably St Johnstone away was the best but apart from that…
Getting him out the door for nothing would most likely save us the cost of mutual consenting him in the medium term.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If that panned out, yer arrow's pointing in the wrong direction.

The arrow isn’t an arrow, it’s a symbol. Eject CD ⏏️

Edited by andrewh

12 hours ago, Lex said:

IMG_9226.jpg
Think this move might suit both parties tbh. Would drive him there myself.

Why because you don't like Robinson  ?  The sums involved for it to happen mean it won't. Robinson has built his team at Saints he won't walk now. A bigger club with big resources yes he would be off but not to Motherwell thankfully.  

8 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Why because you don't like Robinson  ?  The sums involved for it to happen mean it won't. Robinson has built his team at Saints he won't walk now. A bigger club with big resources yes he would be off but not to Motherwell thankfully.  

You surely can't be the same ZingaliMan who posted " Always laugh when reading Motherwell are same size as Saints." a week ago...

Anyway FWIW my take on it is that Well & their fans have unrealistic expectations complaining that Alexander almost cost them the Top6 spot last season - I wish Robbo had only "almost" cost us the slot. I know the Sligo result on ThursdayNite was embarrassing but was it any worse than us, Hibs or the Fakes failing to make it out of the Sectional phase of the LC?

Anyway it should add just a little more spice to Sunday's game. Do we want the "big team" to poach our manager, he's only two defeats away from a serious "must go" campaign. I wouldn't be praying for him to go but depending on the compo and with a month before the transfer window closes it might work out to our advantage...

Edited by btb

42 minutes ago, btb said:

You surely can't be the same ZingaliMan who posted " Always laugh when reading Motherwell are same size as Saints." a week ago...

Anyway FWIW my take on it is that Well & their fans have unrealistic expectations complaining that Alexander almost cost them the Top6 spot last season - I wish Robbo had only "almost" cost us the slot. I know the Sligo result on ThursdayNite was embarrassing but was it any worse than us, Hibs or the Fakes failing to make it out of the Sectional phase of the LC?

Anyway it should add just a little more spice to Sunday's game. Do we want the "big team" to poach our manager, he's only two defeats away from a serious "must go" campaign. I wouldn't be praying for him to go but depending on the compo and with a month before the transfer window closes it might work out to our advantage...

We paid Morecambe £100,000 compensation for Robinson.  We would want that back plus two years salary.  You think Motherwell are going to pay that, seriously  ? When I wrote above a bigger club he would be off Hibs that size or English Championship.  

Assuming there is something in this, we have to ask ourselves can we bring someone in that can work with this squad and in particular Robinsons new signings? We don't have any idea how this is going to go this season. Better sticking with the guy that started the plan off this season?

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

We paid Morecambe £100,000 compensation for Robinson.  We would want that back plus two years salary.  You think Motherwell are going to pay that, seriously  ? When I wrote above a bigger club he would be off Hibs that size or English Championship.  

Nope what you said was...

I remember early 70's we had not much more than 1,00 fans going into Love Street. We have a fickle support as today fact . The die hards turned up today around 1,500 these are the real die hards. Always laugh when reading Motherwell are same size as Saints. Motherwell have a bigger support and are more successful than St Mirren. Ross Country. ICT...

No mention of compensation in that post as Alexander had yet to be sacked, no mention of Hibs or any English Championship club. The issue came out of a post regarding whether the LC attendance vs FC Edinburgh was the lowest for a competitive game at GHR.

19 minutes ago, btb said:

Nope what you said was...

No mention of compensation in that post as Alexander had yet to be sacked, no mention of Hibs or any English Championship club. The issue came out of a post regarding whether the LC attendance vs FC Edinburgh was the lowest for a competitive game at GHR.

Dearie me Colin do you pick arguments with yer dug. Point of reference on Robinson is on this page of the thread from me. Nothing else feel free to fish and spin away bye. 

3 hours ago, Lex said:

I think we’d be mad to stand in Motherwell’s way if they ask to speak to him, or to ask for any kind of compensation. Given the terrible end to last season and even worse start to this one, he’s probably one more bad run away from the sack, and that really would be expensive.
He arrived in February, has there been a single good performance in the five months since? Probably St Johnstone away was the best but apart from that…
Getting him out the door for nothing would most likely save us the cost of mutual consenting him in the medium term.

Are you seriously buying into some Daily Record clickbait ? Ffs it’s nothing less than some half arsed journalist who reads pie & Bovril trying to stir up a hornets nest, while unsettling us before the game.

20 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Motherwell CEO, Alan Burrows, on Radio Scotland when asked about the Robinson link: "be very wary of what you read in newspapers". 

Indeed. Motherwell were near the bottom of the league when he left, and while he had some success there prior to that it wouldnt really make sense for them to go back there, especially since his record since then hasnt been stellar.

29 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Motherwell CEO, Alan Burrows, on Radio Scotland when asked about the Robinson link: "be very wary of what you read in newspapers". 

Ah, the classic non denial denial. Robinson will be at Motherwell by Wednesday. 

Never heard it but that’s quite a strange answer. He could have said Robinson is not a candidate we are considering or something similar and completely ruled it out, but he chose not to.
I have no idea if they’re going to approach us speak to Robinson or not, my point is if they do we shouldn’t stand in their way.