The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, SS77 said:

Stewart Gilmour has acted like a bit of a numpty at the last few meetings with the club.

Disagree with this

the current chairman was unbelievably unprofessional at the last meeting by not even having a copy of the accounts with him and not having the auditors at the meeting. SG for all he can be a bit of an arse, asked the same question about 10 times and no-one could answer it. I found it pretty poor from the current board and chairman 

Evening all

Send LJ back please. Noticed he was an unused sub today and Away to Cowden & not even stripped for Airdrie game going with live score info!

Now you would think if he had a fighting chance he would have got some game time today ot at Central park 

Far too good a talent not to be on the pitch

Ta much and best wishes for season

Edited by shawfield shed boy

53 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Disagree with this

the current chairman was unbelievably unprofessional at the last meeting by not even having a copy of the accounts with him and not having the auditors at the meeting. SG for all he can be a bit of an arse, asked the same question about 10 times and no-one could answer it. I found it pretty poor from the current board and chairman 

Stewart Gilmour just comes off in this story as sounding like a tedious c**t which is hardly a surprise to anyone. 

15 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Evening all

Send LJ back please. Noticed he was an unused sub today and Away to Cowden & not even stripped for Airdrie game going with live score info!

Now you would think if he had a fighting chance he would have got some game time today ot at Central park 

I hoped he would get some time on the park today. With both Main and Brophy to come back into contention Lewis will drop even further down the pecking order. And best of luck to Clyde.

23 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Evening all

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he does end up going out on loan.

40 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Did he not work for RBS who were responsible for one of the largest financial crisis this country has ever experienced?

Agree mate which puzzles me. It will all come out with accounts. . No matter what no one will be happy Saints fans are in the most part a fickle bunch home support proved that today spitting the dummy out I'm not going to watch that bunch. Then you have the fickle I don't believe what you written  unless I wrote it. Hilarious stuff. 

7 hours ago, Lex said:

The off pitch meltdowns always happen about something emoji28.png On pitch before the first league game of the season there was definitely a good feeling about the place. I’m sure no one predicted us for 12th spot in the prediction thread which I’m sure was a first. Can see a few having us there this year…
Got the game and the steam on. That crowd man emoji28.png
It couldn’t be three figures, could it? Never seen the main stand so empty.

Edinburgh City didn't have much of an away support anyway but the board's unilateral decision to change the team name to something ludicrous has pissed off a few fans 

I would have travelled through today myself as I have a mate in Paisley and I like the ground but since the name change I'm not interested anymore. 

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City didn't have much of an away support anyway but the board's unilateral decision to change the team name to something ludicrous has pissed off a few fans 

I would have travelled through today myself as I have a mate in Paisley and I like the ground but since the name change I'm not interested anymore. 

Was quite impressed they are not premiership but had something about them . Their goal was well taken they were also better in the second half. Thought we looked not to bad but fickle Saints are as good as old firm fickle old firm fans. Under 2,000 home fans is embarrassing for a premiership team .

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Wasn't it yourself who predicted 'financial armagdeddon' for us last time round as well?!

Yeah, he also said that someone "ITK" told him that Steven Davis was DEFINITELY leaving the currants to sign for us.

Walter Mitty was right more often.

Edited by Arch Stanton

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Agree mate which puzzles me. It will all come out with accounts. . No matter what no one will be happy Saints fans are in the most part a fickle bunch home support proved that today spitting the dummy out I'm not going to watch that bunch. Then you have the fickle I don't believe what you written  unless I wrote it. Hilarious stuff

Mate with all due respect, this rhetoric has been spouted before and was proven to be unequivocally a load of shite.

You cannot spit the dummy at folk being totally sceptical at it. Like it or not, there are a few supporters and former supporters out there who have a grudge at the way the club is run and have an axe to grind.

You claim it will all come out in the accounts. You also said this last time as if it was a 'wait and see' moment that you could say you told us so and there was nothing at all in there that backed up your information.

As for the home support. I was one of the 1,047 there today but I would never slate folk for not going as fickle. LC faces usually pull far lower attendances anyway as they are additional games during summer holidays. Add in to the fact that it was a complete dead rubber with literally nothing to play for and its not fair to call it fickle. If I wasn't taking my step daughters wee girl to her first ever Saints match, I'd probably have pied it as well.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

As for the home support. I was one of the 1,047 there today but I would never slate folk for not going as fickle. LC faces usually pull far lower attendances anyway as they are additional games during summer holidays. Add in to the fact that it was a complete dead rubber with literally nothing to play for and its not fair to call it fickle. If I wasn't taking my step daughters wee girl to her first ever Saints match, I'd probably have pied it as well.

As it turns out, it was a worthwhile day all in, I've turned a 9 year old (who was sitting up the back of Parkhead a few times last season with her dad) to Saints as she loved that we were so close to the park that she had a great view and also loves her brand new home shirt and was asking if she could come back to games in the future.

3 hours ago, geo87 said:

It’s quite depressing to see, he’s clearly losing it and has some axe to grind with the current And previous BOD.

Aye I think that’s what it is. 

Guys been posting absolute nonsense on the Facebook pages about the new board too on a few occasions.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mate with all due respect, this rhetoric has been spouted before and was proven to be unequivocally a load of shite.

You cannot spit the dummy at folk being totally sceptical at it. Like it or not, there are a few supporters and former supporters out there who have a grudge at the way the club is run and have an axe to grind.

You claim it will all come out in the accounts. You also said this last time as if it was a 'wait and see' moment that you could say you told us so and there was nothing at all in there that backed up your information.

I get that just a bit hacked off  I'm not believed.  However it might be shite and I hope it is.  All I want is the best for our club I love St Mirren.  All Saints fans do I'm not trying to say I'm right I'm going on hear say second hand news. The guys telling me are in their 50's  60's like me. All I want is a successful team on the park that's my one love Black & White. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah, he also siad that someone "ITK" told him that Steven Davis was DEFINITELY 

Is that a record low crowd for a competitive home game at the new stadium without restrictions then? When was the last time it was lower? The 70’s at Love St?

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Is that a record low crowd for a competitive home game at the new stadium without restrictions then? When was the last time it was lower? The 70’s at Love St?

Understandably, it was dead rubber. Can't blame the stay aways. 

I'm sure come next Sunday there will be at least 4k Saints fans there.