The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The 1.2 million is part of the grant and is missing from the books. Stuart Gilmour pushing to find out where the money went. Quite a lot of bad feelings towards Kibble most staff at the club have been replaced with Kibble staff including the ball boys/girls. Was told this at the game from an ex-chairman not Gilmour.  

Stewart Gilmour has acted like a bit of a numpty at the last few meetings with the club.

Much more like it today, I thought Baccus and Strain were impressive albeit in a dead duck game against a league 2 outfit. Ayunga continues to show he’s definitely got something about him. I also like young Offord who looks as if he’s going to be a real player.

Positive signs ahead of the league opener are all we can ask for.

Edited by glenburn bud

On 22/07/2022 at 14:11, SuperSaints1877 said:

I heard from someone who was at the SMiSA meeting last night that the club made a 7 figure loss last season.

I won’t receive accounts until Nov/Dec this year so it might not be true.

Was anyone at this meeting that can confirm this story as it was relayed to me this morning.

Worrying if true given we received significant compensation for McGrath and Goodwin.

We saved a fortune on win bonuses last year. 

Stewart Gilmour has acted like a bit of a numpty at the last few meetings with the club.

It’s quite depressing to see, he’s clearly losing it and has some axe to grind with the current And previous BOD.

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

The 1.2 million is part of the grant and is missing from the books. Stuart Gilmour pushing to find out where the money went. Quite a lot of bad feelings towards Kibble most staff at the club have been replaced with Kibble staff including the ball boys/girls. Was told this at the game from an ex-chairman not Gilmour.  

Wasn't it yourself who predicted 'financial armagdeddon' for us last time round as well?!

Baccus looks a player. Strain and Ayunga also showed up very well. Defence still a bit dodgy. Reid played safe when he came on so didn't contribute a great deal but young Taylor was very good. He may look like he is still at Primary school but that boy has talent.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Wasn't it yourself who predicted 'financial armagdeddon' for us last time round as well?!

Came from George Campbell hear say or true no idea only wrote what I was told  asked the question after reading reports on the thread regarding mid week SMISA meeting.  

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

If it’s not Gilmour then can only be Scott that said it.

don’t think any of the chairman pre-Gilmour are still alive and kicking! 

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Came from George Campbell hear say or true no idea only wrote what I was told  asked the question after reading reports on the thread regarding mid week SMISA meeting.  

Should add I'm pro Kibble if all above board. 

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Feel free to slap me down only passed on what I heard today. I asked the question after what I read on this thread regarding mid week SMISA meeting.  I'm sure someone on here knows Stewart Gilmour who can confirm it's true or not. 

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Feel free to slap me down only passed on what I heard today. I asked the question after what I read on this thread regarding mid week SMISA meeting.  I'm sure someone on here knows Stewart Gilmour who can confirm it's true or not. 

Are these the same people who told you we were "financially fucked" after Kearney left? Not having a go, just wondering.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Young Taylor looks good. Perhaps a bit small but has great potential. I have yet to see what all the fuss is about Reid. 

Reids only what 17? Not played a lot of minutes for the first team. Played really well against Celtic in the covid 0-0 game. Seen enough to suggest he has something about him.

I think the attention from bigger clubs has came from his performances in the youth teams at club and international level.

Ayunga will cause problems, Baccus could be the answer to our midfield problem without Ronan and O'Hara definitely has something about him

I think it could be a back 3/5, seems to pick itself with Babe Ruth, Sexy Joe and Dunne as our centre backs. Fraser and Tait can cover multiple positions.

Really need Tanser and Brophy fit this season. 

14 minutes ago, GAD said:

Are these the same people who told you we were "financially fucked" after Kearney left? Not having a go, just wondering.

No. Jeez oh I pass on what I heard. You ever feel your detached from the club you have supported since 1967 .  For what it's worth Kibble for me is a good thing can save us a fortune in wages bringing in Kibble maintance staff and staff to run the club which can only be a good thing in my book. Savings can go to player budget.  As a fan that can only be a good thing in my book. Chairman is a banker so missing 1.2 million from the books seems strange. Stewart Gilmour is a buddie through and through if you know him. Let's see how it plays out.