The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

We are terrible. This is Stubbs level mismanagement. Get him out.

If we carry this form into the league he will be going the same way as Stubbs. He came in at the tail end of last season and changed the formation of a winning team, which resulted in some proper woeful performances and dragged us back in to a relegation fight when we should have been miles clear. He’s stuck with the same formation, and presumably went out and got players who are suited to that formation, but nothing seems to have changed. 

I had high hopes for a couple of the new signings. Strain looked like a bit of a coup for us, coming from a good standard of football. Baccus seems to be highly thought of as well and will hopefully do well here, and Gallacher was a solid signing for a team at our level. The confidence amongst the players will be shot if we go into the league off the back of defeats to Airdrie and Arbroath. 

41 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Doesn’t like like there is any plan or proper shape to this team when we have eleven men. Fair enough these are pre season type games, but there are concerns as we look utterly devoid of ideas and quality.

Won 2-0 on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, McG said:

Looking forward to Robinson’s interview……..he wants to add pace and athleticism and put his own stamp on things.

He won’t last long at this rate.

A very expensive mistake, 100 K compensation paid to Morecambe. He’s got no clue get rid pronto.

That's 3 games we've played, all against lower league teams. We've managed 2 goals, both coming against a non league side. I think it's valid to talk about still being 'pre-season', but we've shown nothing in these games. 

Tonight, in the 2nd half, we were completely outplayed by Airdrie, 2-0 didn't flatter them. I don't even want to see the possession stats. Their keeper could've sat in the stand.

A poor start in the league and Robinson is under real pressure.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

That's 3 games we've played, all against lower league teams. We've managed 2 goals, both coming against a non league side. I think it's valid to talk about still being 'pre-season', but we've shown nothing in these games. 

Tonight, in the 2nd half, we were completely outplayed by Airdrie, 2-0 didn't flatter them. I don't even want to see the possession stats. Their keeper could've sat in the stand.

A poor start in the league and Robinson is under real pressure.

He must be already.

I don't think their 'keeper had a meaningful save to make all night.

Zero creativity and the new signings have been totally underwhelming.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

A very expensive mistake, 100 K compensation paid to Morecambe. He’s got no clue get rid pronto.

That’s worse than anything I seen from stubbs. Passed off the park by Airdrie, every player looks like they don’t know what they are doing.

The less said about the new signings the better.

2 minutes ago, Lukovic said:

As a Motherwell Fan, I have to say I always thought he was very over rated as a manager. Also not surprised to see the majority of his signings for you are awful.

Not having that shite at all. Robinson was an excellent Manager for us. 

We lost to Airdire in last seasons League Cup and qualified for Europe. So buddies you may p1ss your pants but I would take that as a sign 😉.