The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

If we find ourselves 3-0 up with 20 to play then he might get some time Vs Airdrie, but otherwise, yeah, he'll be getting rested I reckon.

If we find ourselves 3-0 up with 20 to play, I might need a lie down and a stiff drink. 😀

The club have announced that Reid has turned down the move to Celtic.

Lovely stuff.

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that last week it allowed Dylan Reid permission to speak to a fellow cinch Premiership club regarding a possible transfer.

We can now confirm that Dylan has turned down the opportunity to leave St Mirren at this point in time.

The St Mirren Youth Academy graduate became the youngest ever player to play for St Mirren, as well as the youngest ever Scottish Premiership player, when he made his debut for Saints at just 16 years and five days old in March 2021. He has since gone on to play for the first-team on five occasions - most recently as a substitution in our 2-0 win over Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

We are pleased that Dylan will remain at St Mirren and look forward to him continuing his development at the club.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Right. Get a contract under his nose ASAP. Stick a healthy release clause on it and give him substantial first team minutes this season.

This.

Based on a first choice middle three of Ethan, Baccus and O'Hara, Reid is probably vying with Flynn to be fourth choice. He should be getting plenty minutes this season.

(I haven't forgotten Kiltie, but he's only really a 10 and we're not playing that way.)

Dylan Reid..... my fear is that there's been a wee nudge, nudge wink wink to sit tight from the other Glasgow team.

Shock horror, they become interested again when his contract expires next year. He signs for them and it's a poorer financial deal for us than if he'd gone to Celtic. 

We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, hopefully he'll have a good season for us. 

Edited by Buttocks Brown

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The club have announced that Reid has turned down the move to Celtic.

Lovely stuff.

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that last week it allowed Dylan Reid permission to speak to a fellow cinch Premiership club regarding a possible transfer.

We can now confirm that Dylan has turned down the opportunity to leave St Mirren at this point in time.

The St Mirren Youth Academy graduate became the youngest ever player to play for St Mirren, as well as the youngest ever Scottish Premiership player, when he made his debut for Saints at just 16 years and five days old in March 2021. He has since gone on to play for the first-team on five occasions - most recently as a substitution in our 2-0 win over Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

We are pleased that Dylan will remain at St Mirren and look forward to him continuing his development at the club.

A season of first team football or playing in the lowland league 

If he has a good season he will be in a far better position 

33 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Did someone on here not suggest Aberdeen had bid?

Or was that a wind up? 

I saw it posted on twitter from  The Scottish Daily Express. You would probably be accurate in assuming said gutter rag was at the wind up.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

This.

Based on a first choice middle three of Ethan, Baccus and O'Hara, Reid is probably vying with Flynn to be fourth choice. He should be getting plenty minutes this season.

(I haven't forgotten Kiltie, but he's only really a 10 and we're not playing that way.)

So if we aren’t playing with a 10 then presumably Kiltie will be in a midfield 3, where he’s been playing pre season 

The cynic in me thinks he has turned down Celtic because he thinks he can get more money and/or game time elsewhere. Not because he plans to sign a new deal with us. We will see…

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I saw it posted on twitter from  The Scottish Daily Express. You would probably be accurate in assuming said gutter rag was at the wind up.

Scott Burns USED to be on the money with all things Aberdeen…. But his source at Pittodrie appears to have left or been weedled out. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

The cynic in me thinks he has turned down Celtic because he thinks he can get more money and/or game time elsewhere. Not because he plans to sign a new deal with us. We will see…

Sevco fan refuses to sign for Sellic shocker.
If the lad signs an extension and becomes a player then great…………….if he signs for Sevco to play Lowland League and finally signs for [insert PT team here]……………………then he can look back and tell people in the pub…………….aye but I played for The Rangers.

At what point does learning your craft actually come into young players minds?

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Scott Burns USED to be on the money with all things Aberdeen…. But his source at Pittodrie appears to have left or been weedled out. 

The number of rumours coming out of St Mirren dried up when Goodwin was in charge as well. Boring for us, but clearly sensible for the club.

5 hours ago, Lex said:

Yes, I think long odds on him signing a new deal with us but might shorten if SR picks him ever week. What's happened puts the ball back in our court: "I've turned down Celtic, everyone's saying how pleased they are.... well my contract's up at the end of the season, want to give us a game?"

10 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Dylan Reid..... my fear is that there's been a wee nudge, nudge wink wink to sit tight from the other Glasgow team.

Shock horror, they become interested again when his contract expires next year. He signs for them and it's a poorer financial deal for us than if he'd gone to Celtic. 

We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, hopefully he'll have a good season for us. 

That was my immediate thought.

Cynicism in old age is a terrible thing....

43 minutes ago, Drooper said:

That was my immediate thought.

Cynicism in old age is a terrible thing....

Certainly his old man will enjoy dining out on it for years to come on the Kilbirnie Loyal bus .

"And big Ange even spoke to Dylan on Zoom to try and get him to sign!"