The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

I’m not too worried yet, but I don’t recall us creating much at all on Saturday. We would have been more threatening with Brophy up front but we hardly worked their keeper all afternoon.

Hit the bar, had one cleared off the line, Grieve put a free header and a shot from about 8 years wide under very little pressure, O'Hara the same when set up by Offord, and that's just off the top of my head. Loy rhymed off even more on the radio after the game. 

Edited by GAD

From a photo B&WArmy put on Twitter, it looks like Peter Urminsky to start the Cowdenbeath game. I wonder if he's overtaken Dean Lyness as our backup keeper?

23 now and 2 and a half years Langfield has been developing him so should be pushing on. Would be great if he could become a real asset for the club and compete with Carson for the number 1 jersey.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

13 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The way other groups are going 3 wins could see us qualify anyway but we can't afford any more slip ups.

Not a good feeling hoping Arboath make an arse of it against Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh City or Airdrie 😂

Yeah Arbroath are surely going to get at least four points from their two games against Airdrie and Edinburgh City, so it looks like winning the group is gone. Nine points should be enough for a best runner up slot and a non seeded spot in the last 16. Could do with running up the goal difference on Saturday just to make sure though, Cowdenbeath have scored none and conceded six in their two group games so far, so it should be an ideal opportunity to do so. Would like to see Offord and Jamieson on from the start.

39 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

From a photo B&WArmy put on Twitter, it looks like Peter Urminsky to start the Cowdenbeath game. I wonder if he's overtaken Dean Lyness as our backup keeper?

23 now and 2 and a half years Langfield has been developing him so should be pushing on. Would be great if he could become a real asset for the club and compete with Carson for the number 1 jersey.

It's more than likely that's one of the teams that plays against each other in training.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's more than likely that's one of the teams that plays against each other in training.

Booooooooo!

But yeah you're probably right. If I was Robbo I'd be putting absolutely mad formations/selections on there just to wind people up. A bit like Goodwin did on matchdays.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Booooooooo!

But yeah you're probably right. If I was Robbo I'd be putting absolutely mad formations/selections on there just to wind people up. A bit like Goodwin did on matchdays.

I do think that Urminsky will be second choice 'keeper.

He's 23 years old and has had two and half years to "get experienced" with us. It's make or break time really.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I do think that Urminsky will be second choice 'keeper.

He's 23 years old and has had two and half years to "get experienced" with us. It's make or break time really.

Definitely make or break time for him. The development loan would've been good for him but we had to call him back a couple of times when Alnwick was unavailable, so it was maybe a bit stop start. 

He really needs games at a good level. If we can't give him that then I hope he gets another loan.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Yeah Arbroath are surely going to get at least four points from their two games against Airdrie and Edinburgh City, so it looks like winning the group is gone. Nine points should be enough for a best runner up slot and a non seeded spot in the last 16. Could do with running up the goal difference on Saturday just to make sure though, Cowdenbeath have scored none and conceded six in their two group games so far, so it should be an ideal opportunity to do so. Would like to see Offord and Jamieson on from the start.

Jamieson took the piss against Buckie and Elgin, two HL standard teams, for us in the cups last season, so should have a field day against Cowdenbeath.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Could do with running up the goal difference on Saturday just to make sure though, Cowdenbeath have scored none and conceded six in their two group games so far, so it should be an ideal opportunity to do so. 

The average age of the Cowdenbeath team last night was below 20: 5 teenagers started, including our own Aidan Gilmartin, and another 4 came off the bench. Eldest player the goalie at 23.

Yeah, we should be after a big win.

Robinson has hinted Offord to start. This lad looks the best striking prospect we have had in years. 
Based on what although I admit it's a very low bar he's aiming at. I've seen nothing to suggest he is about to become the answer to our top league striking issues. All that said I'd love to be wrong.