The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Wonder how many will fit in the corner. Imagine it will only be two with potential for 2 in the other corner between main and fitzy stands.

Can't put them in the other corners due to scoreboard in one and need to put live TV gantry in the other.

35 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

OK, so my first reaction on seeing the photos of the new ‘corporate box’ was ‘FFS, it’s a shipping container with a dugout welded on top’. Then, my second reaction, was ‘so what if it does resemble that?’ It fills a corner, and it is an investment idea to be applauded. Hope it is a hit, and they stick another one in the corner between the main and South stands. 

To be fair, it's not really going to be anything other than that. It will be well enough insualted etc but it definitely needs to be something 'semi-permanent' in case we ever do decide to go with more permanent structures in corners in future.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, it's not really going to be anything other than that. It will be well enough insualted etc but it definitely needs to be something 'semi-permanent' in case we ever do decide to go with more permanent structures in corners in future.

Absolutely, and I applaud the idea and the investment wholeheartedly.

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

St Mirren’s new corporate box fails to meet expectations despite heavy jaikets…

7D125E6D-9170-4235-BE56-A71AC2ED4AC4.jpeg

Yes but these are Executive boxes........... none of that corporate slumming it here.

Just now, houston_bud said:

Hopefully a good earner for the club. It does seem pricey for what it is though. Presumably there are companies that have made noises about investing?

I’ve got a quid bet on with my mate that the first ‘tenants’ will be Digby Brown or Kibble. I’m a cautious gambler, know my limits, and when the fun stops, I stop.

They have Stacks (piles of shipping containers masquerading as food and drink places) in Newcastle and Sunderland and the youngsters go crazy for them. Probably have similar elsewhere but I don't get out much. However, the fact that they are just shipping containers doesn't stop people spending a tonne of cash in them.

This just looks like a creative, and potentially excellent, way of filling a corner or two with relatively little outlay on our part. I hope they make a success of it.

Obviously you can't turn down the full whack in a oner but it would be a blinder if you could "raffle" the matchdays off to groups of say 6. Games allocated before even drawn - you could get Old Firm, you could get Livingston.

Take a hefty deposit and balance to be paid 6 weeks prior, failure to do so you lose the deposit and opportunity goes back to raffle.

Aberdeen have similar but you can purchase individual matches for them: https://www.afc.co.uk/commercial/matchday-hospitality/main-stand-boxes/

Maybe we've sounded out some companies who are regularly using hospitality and they've indicated that they'd be interested in taking one of these for the whole season. 

Innovative thinking to generate more cash for the club. Good stuff.

45 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

They have Stacks (piles of shipping containers masquerading as food and drink places) in Newcastle and Sunderland and the youngsters go crazy for them. Probably have similar elsewhere but I don't get out much. However, the fact that they are just shipping containers doesn't stop people spending a tonne of cash in them.

This just looks like a creative, and potentially excellent, way of filling a corner or two with relatively little outlay on our part. I hope they make a success of it.

Many of the newer halls of residence at Glasgow Uni are constructed from shipping containers.

Lego-style flats built from shipping containers - BBC News

It's typical of our fans to spend years complaining about the club not looking at new income streams and then rubbishing any ideas that we come up with.

26 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Aberdeen have similar but you can purchase individual matches for them: https://www.afc.co.uk/commercial/matchday-hospitality/main-stand-boxes/

Maybe we've sounded out some companies who are regularly using hospitality and they've indicated that they'd be interested in taking one of these for the whole season. 

Innovative thinking to generate more cash for the club. Good stuff.

There is also probably a chance that some companies that are close to each other could split between 2-4 ways and share the cost for the season.

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

What do the rest of corporate do, Sit inside huddled around a radiator trying to keep warm? Of all the things to pick up on, moaning about sitting outside in the cold is the most bizarre one 

Sorry my comment was more related to the roof overhang and our very wet climate. Those currently in hospitality in main stand don’t get soaked unlike those in row A in West Stand. The overhang on the roof in this new structure design would certainly be more exposed to the rain, hail and snow than those in main stand hospitality.

If businesses can stump up the money and it proves a hit then its a winner. 

Many Saints fans were at Fir Park for the B&Q cup final years ago and it’s difficult to erase that memory. Brrr.

47 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

These 'modular buildings' seem to be a thing with Scottish clubs at present, we've got a players lounge under construction using shipping containers at RP...

Screenshot_20220711-211522_Chrome.jpg.7b00ed94001cb35feac91f167d5f5472.jpg

14 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

These 'modular buildings' seem to be a thing with Scottish clubs at present, we've got a players lounge under construction using shipping containers at RP...

Screenshot_20220711-211522_Chrome.jpg.7b00ed94001cb35feac91f167d5f5472.jpg

A significant part of our training complex consists of this type of construction.

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A significant part of our training complex consists of this type of construction.

I’ve seen a few gents hairdressing shops created using ‘shipping containers’. They look cool. I think there’s one at the M&S end of Braehead.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’ve seen a few gents hairdressing shops created using ‘shipping containers’. They look cool. I think there’s one at the M&S end of Braehead.

Also one at Asda Linwood and Silverburn too. Really good cost efficient use.

22 hours ago, Nadroj said:

How was Jordan Jones for you last year? He's coming back to us apoarently and I dunno what to expect. 

Was brilliant for us first time round, but hasn't really played much consistent football since he left us. 

he was a waste of a jersey for us