The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

He was really shite but this:

Is an absolutely wild take unless you've only been watching St. Mirren about the last 12-18 months.

Nope been watching St Mirren 50 years and I stand by my opinion he was fucking useless in all that time I never saw anyone on there arse as much as him.

31 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

According to the Scottish Daily express Tory rag on Twitter, we’ve accepted a bid of 135 K from Aberdeen for Dylan Kerr.

Isn't it £125 K from Celtic, for Dylan Reid?

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

Nope been watching St Mirren 50 years and I stand by my opinion he was fucking useless in all that time I never saw anyone on there arse as much as him.

James Francis Gardner

3 minutes ago, Torfason said:

James Francis Gardner

I've been watching St. Mirren for 30 years and I can honestly name at least 100 players in my time supporting them who were worse than Jordan Jones. I could even remove the academy players with less than 20 appearances who were nowhere near ready or good enough for that level of football as they were thrust in there.

I can dig deep, deep down into the darkest recesses of my mind for utter shite footballers who showed up far worse in stripes than Jones did.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've been watching St. Mirren for 30 years and I can honestly name at least 100 players in my time supporting them who were worse than Jordan Jones. I could even remove the academy players with less than 20 appearances who were nowhere near ready or good enough for that level of football as they were thrust in there.

I can dig deep, deep down into the darkest recesses of my mind for utter shite footballers who showed up far worse in stripes than Jones did.

The 90s were the glory years for this type of stuff. We would have loved a Jordan Jones type player back then.

Instead with got Jim Beattie, Alex Bone, Jim Gardener, Ronnie McQuilter, Gerry Creaney...

16 minutes ago, Silvio said:

The 90s were the glory years for this type of stuff. We would have loved a Jordan Jones type player back then.

Instead with got Jim Beattie, Alex Bone, Jim Gardener, Ronnie McQuilter, Gerry Creaney...

Even go a bit deeper into the early 2000s and garbage like Kevin Twaddle, Andy Dow, Scott McKenzie, Paul McHale, Christopher Wreh

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Even go a bit deeper into the early 2000s and garbage like Kevin Twaddle, Andy Dow, Scott McKenzie, Paul McHale, Christopher Wreh

That Millennium Champs season really was an oasis in 15 years of absolute dirge.  Will never be beaten for that reason I suppose. 

You've also just reminded me of Eddie Annand. Thanks for that. 

The f**k are these values, man. Have we gone back in time to the 70s or something? Celtic outbid Rangers with £125k... Aberdeen push it up to £135k... I know we're used to getting diddled in the transfer market but holy f**k. Safe to say this isn't the kind of bidding war I had imagined.

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Thats your opinion I stand by mine.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Scotsman reporting £135k accepted by Aberdeen now as well.

His old man will be loving the fact his son has a choice between Aberdeen and Celtic. :lol: 

Beginning to think this may not be true

6 hours ago, Nadroj said:

How was Jordan Jones for you last year? He's coming back to us apoarently and I dunno what to expect. 

Was brilliant for us first time round, but hasn't really played much consistent football since he left us. 

Shades of Greg Wylde