The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Olysuna hooked at half time on his debut, to the surprise of no one in the ground.
He just didn’t look like a professional footballer, would be surprised if we see him starting again any time soon.

21 minutes ago, Lex said:

Olysuna hooked at half time on his debut, to the surprise of no one in the ground.
He just didn’t look like a professional footballer, would be surprised if we see him starting again any time soon.

I had my suspicions about him. Strange “career” so far. 

36 minutes ago, Lex said:

Could’ve taken any of the front 3 off, all hopeless. Offord been more impressive in the 30 seconds he’s been on so far. 
Erhahon really been the only starter to have a good game. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

Oooft.
Not the start to the season we wanted.
Robinson has been backed and the team still looks clueless and poorly coached, like it has since he arrived tbh.
Long season ahead I fear.

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

Oooft.
Not the start to the season we wanted.
Robinson has been backed and the team still looks clueless and poorly coached, like it has since he arrived tbh.
Long season ahead I fear.

Still players to come back from injury etc, but that was toothless from start to finish. 

Think we were marginally the better team - but that's against a part time team who've had 4 training sessions and a bunch of players on holiday.

If we play anything like that in the league we'll be relegated by Christmas.

Oh, and I take it nobody was surprised to see us conceded in injury time.

Some things never change.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Would you guys agree with the bookmakers that St Mirren are favourites to finish bottom?

Personally, I'd have said Kilmarnock.

*waves*

2 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Didn't bother going but followed on the radio: Rory Loy thought we should have been 2 or 3 up midway through the second half. Also reckoned we should have had a penalty first half?

Oh well, most likely 3 pre-season friendlies to come then! Roll on July 30th!

He was spot on but Arbroath snatched it. 

We lacked urgency and creativity. A few players kept going missing during the game as well. 

I am worried for our season but will wait and see how we fair before writing us off. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Would you guys agree with the bookmakers that St Mirren are favourites to finish bottom?

Personally, I'd have said Kilmarnock.

6/10

Good effort and should only get better as the season goes on. 

Stick with it, I believe in you 👍🏻

On 08/07/2022 at 17:26, Stu said:

The sort of scenario that we usually excel at messing up.

Feel we could maybe do with someone who can score relatively regularly from midfield as we don't really seem to have replaced the goals of Ronan. O'Hara has scored a few in pre-season but has never been that prolific and neither has Kiltie. Doesn't look like it'll happen though given we're still after Gogic or, presumably, someone similar.

On a completely separate note, someone has updated Wikipedia with the new squad numbers. No idea if they're accurate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Mirren_F.C.#First-team_squad

👀

A few years back Thistle pumped us in the league cup, think it was 5-0. We went on to win the league and Thistle got relegated. I won't be getting too excited about the result.

We were rotten today, had no cutting edge and lacked quality. Too many players passing when they should've shot, or shooting or trying to beat a second player instead of passing. It's early days though. 

That was dreadful stuff, from start to finish. There was absolutely nothing to suggest this team are going to do anything other than struggle through these league cup ties against lower league opposition.

The bookmakers don’t often get it wrong. Could be a long hard toiling season.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Umm, okay?

Screenshot_2022-07-09-17-39-21-29_2052d538c4f240dcb7bf74ede2c9c9e7.thumb.jpg.09bc19ed554fa77eaf3ad9a36e4af826.jpg

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't that bored that you cared enough to post that in a league you guys aren't even part of anymore. 

Based on today, yes it's a fair assessment. 

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

That was dreadful stuff, from start to finish. There was absolutely nothing to suggest this team are going to do anything other than struggle through these league cup ties against lower league opposition.

The bookmakers don’t often get it wrong. Could be a long hard toiling season.

Your taking that a bit to seriously.  Personally I seen nothing to have alarm bells ringing at this stage in the season. Not sure about our goal keeper we have had such a high standard of keeper over the past seasons.  

2 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't that bored that you cared enough to post that in a league you guys aren't even part of anymore. 

I 'care' enough because I'm looking through the markets, evidently. I even alluded to that fact in my post. 

Furthermore, I even said I'd have Kilmarnock as favourites purely based on the squads on paper. I was asking in case I'd missed something, stop getting so uppity.