The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1135004978?-933:2059:latest_news

Tottenham and Southampton have joined the chase for St Mirren sensation Murray Campbell, Football Insider understands.

The 15-year-old has been attracting the interest of a number of English Premier League clubs, including Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Wolves.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Tottenham and Southampton have now registered their interest in Campbell.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fuxake - how long till he's 16 and we can sign him up?!

In fairness, I've no idea of the technicalities but a bunch of our Academy players were announced as having signed pro-terms the other day and a fair number are currently 15. https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/06/24/ten-2022-23-academy-graduates-turn-professional/

Then of course we had the announcement that Rangers had signed Bailey Rice (also 15) yesterday. https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/06/30/rice-leaves-to-join-rangers/

This is interesting. If we've got someone pressing and winning possession like that in midfield then we might get by without a traditional DM.
I'm really liking the sound of this guy. Can't wait to see him play for us.

Really interested to see how Baccus does for you guys. I got weirdly into the A-League for a while a few seasons ago and he was always a stand out any time I watched WSW. He seemed to be very highly thought of down under. I’m by no means an expert on the A-League but I was pretty surprised when I saw he was on his way to Paisley, think it could turn out to be a bit of a coup.

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

A shameless plug here for our podcast but we got Keith Lasley on last night for a chat if anyone is interested!

Good to hear it’s all kibbles fault too. 🙃

Kibble is another massive positive at our club just now, they put way more into the club other than just finance.

Just now, McG said:

Good to hear it’s all kibbles fault too. 🙃

Kibble is another massive positive at our club just now, they put way more into the club other than just finance.

Aye we’re hoping that eases peoples minds a bit 😂

According to the papers this morning, Ronan will be starting for Wolves today in a friendly against Forest Green Rovers. They're going to give him a chance at proving he can play in the first team.

Also, Liam Donnelly potentially signing for Kilmarnock. With the Robinson relationship, he looked like someone we might go for though I don't think we've ever been quoted as having an interest.

Airdrie just signed Dean McMaster on loan Assume it’s just for 6 months. Can anyone share on the lad, wanting to see what type of player he is
Can't tell you anything other than our Academy is one of the best so anyone going on loan should be half decent. Wouldn't mind your opinion as the season progresses.