The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Robinson quoted as saying he hopes to sign one more player at a stretch 

A player similar to Gogic would be good but I actually think O'Hara and Baccus could be a great fit for the centre of our midfield

2 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The new Kante!

Cammy Devlin is the closest match from our league, to Baccus, FWIW.

Robinson quoted as saying he hopes to sign one more player at a stretch 

A player similar to Gogic would be good but I actually think O'Hara and Baccus could be a great fit for the centre of our midfield
If playing O'Hara and Baccus gives us two box to box players (same as I thought Ronan played at times when he was deeper in midfield last season) would we need a player like Gogic?
If we did would it be to have someone to play back up to Centre Back / Central Defensive Midfielder?
If we are happy with the two box to box, what position do we need someone else in?

1 minute ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

If playing O'Hara and Baccus gives us two box to box players (same as I thought Ronan played at times when he was deeper in midfield last season) would we need a player like Gogic?
If we did would it be to have someone to play back up to Centre Back / Central Defensive Midfielder?
If we are happy with the two box to box, what position do we need someone else in?

Agree with this. Someone who is versatile enough to at least cover centre back. 

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

How so?

There's championship teams in England interested in him. Aberdeen and Hearts are interested in signing him in the same way we are. Nice to ask, but we don't have any realistic chance. 

18 minutes ago, SS77 said:

A shameless plug here for our podcast but we got Keith Lasley on last night for a chat if anyone is interested!

Just listened to it at work, class mate.

I think Lasley is going to be a tremendous appointment for the club.

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

There's championship teams in England interested in him. Aberdeen and Hearts are interested in signing him in the same way we are. Nice to ask, but we don't have any realistic chance. 

I get that. 

@McG's comment made it seem like there was more to it.