The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I seem to remember him being offered a new deal, before he fucked off to Bradford.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

Plenty players who McInnes offered new deals to weren't great.

He'd maybe do a job at St Mirren but I suspect you'll be underwhelmed.

Surely this O'Connor guy was the other guy we were going to sign if we didn't get Gallagher? No way we are signing another CB. If we sign another defender it will be a fullback I reckon.

I'm starting to suspect that we've motivated Ethan by telling him to make a name for himself this season and snaffle a decent PCA from January.

That means we'd have Ethan, O'Hara, Baccus, Kiltie, Reid and Flynn vying for three places in the middle. Do we definitely need anyone else there? I'd say possibly not. I'd rather see Reid getting minutes.

I’d find it highly unlikely a board, supposedly, looking for £350k for Dunne would be promoting Erhahon going for a pittance, or nothing. I also don’t think Erhahon would be at the bottom of the pecking order for the places in midfield. He is a good talent linked with decent moves already when he’d cost a fair amount.

I wouldn’t have given Flynn a new deal, but by the sounds of it he is starting transition into the coaching side of things so I’d count him out be a regular barring  injuries. 

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

I’d find it highly unlikely a board, supposedly, looking for £350k for Dunne would be promoting Erhahon going for a pittance, or nothing. I also don’t think Erhahon would be at the bottom of the pecking order for the places in midfield. He is a good talent linked with decent moves already when he’d cost a fair amount.

I wouldn’t have given Flynn a new deal, but by the sounds of it he is starting transition into the coaching side of things so I’d count him out be a regular barring  injuries. 

I was in the same camp as you about Flynn. However he will not be a high earner, he won't rock the boat and can play multiple positions. 

Hidden in amongst the images is the walk-up price for the three OF home games - first time I’ve seen us mention a matchday ticket price. At £32 for those, I can’t see us being less than £25 for a cheek-free league game.

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

He won’t be going for nothing if he signs a pre contract, we’d be a due a decent amount of compensation.

That’s for one of the smarter ones on here to figure out how much we’d be due though!

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

This is in no way a pop at St Mirren - £32 for a single ticket into Scottish Football is scandalous. As it was when Dundee were £30. 

Suffering shite.

£30 is my limit. Beyond that I’m out. Isn’t worth it. Especially if CD is your manager.

Entry to the piggery last season for away fans was £30. No idea what it was for Skull Mountain but was probably similar.

While I agree that £32 is a scandalous price for a football game in Scotland I'm glad that the majority of those rinsed for that amount will be fans of the Old Scum.