The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I quite like this new St Mirren in the transfer market. I think in years to come we'll look back at the absolute shithousery we pulled around Cammy McPherson with St Johnstone as the watershed moment, after which point we stopped getting absolutely ridden.

Maybe.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

To be fair, Broadfoot didn't hit a guy over the head with a baseball bat and show no remorse.

I don't know where the no remorse part comes from. Gallagher served his time and has since spoken of his gratitude of being given a second chance to prove himself as a good person. 

7 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't know where the no remorse part comes from. Gallagher served his time and has since spoken of his gratitude of being given a second chance to prove himself as a good person. 

My interpretation of remorse, would involve a genuine apology and admission of guilt for a vicious, unprovoked attack.

Maybe that's happened and I've missed it.

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Any truth that Jamie Hamilton was/has been training with St Mirren?

Not heard that but he would be pretty much the sort of signing I'd be happy to see us making.

I'd have thought clubs further up the pecking order would be sniffing about though, is he not quite in demand?

Stephen Robinson reflects on first week of pre-season training (stmirren.com)
Have a look through this and see if he's there.
Is this him?
image.png.4f2d2e3d1ab6724918bcd83aa01da5f6.png
Looks a bit like him but don't think it is.
Not heard that but he would be pretty much the sort of signing I'd be happy to see us making.
I'd have thought clubs further up the pecking order would be sniffing about though, is he not quite in demand?
A year or so ago he could've gone anywhere but he had a really poor season, mostly out of position but even in his proper one he struggled. I did wonder if someone would take a punt on his potential but if they didn't last year then it's unlikely they will now.

No loans this season yet either if I'm right. Not that I'm against them as much as Dons fans seem to be - but its unusual for us not to be reliant on them.

Loans are usually later in the market, when the loaning teams have made final decisions on their squad. We got Conor Ronan on loan in the last day of August. Don’t get why some fans of Scottish teams are so against loans. Celtic won the league last year and two of their best players were loanees Carter-Vickers and Jota, didn’t hear many complaints from their fans. It’s a vital market for all Scottish clubs, it allows us to sign players of a quality they wouldn’t otherwise be able to attract. I hope we exploit it this season with similar success that we got with Ronan and Gogic last year.
I’d be quite happy with Gallagher. He’s a hugely experienced top flight player and it was less than two years ago he started for Scotland in what was our biggest game for a generation in Serbia, and he played well in it.
His form seems to have nosedived a bit since, of course that’s why we are being linked with him.
He’s only 31 and if he can rediscover his form of 2020 he will be an excellent acquisition, and he’ll likely find himself back in the Scotland squad. I think we might suit him, he’s not a leader as has been alluded to. He won’t have to be with us, that’s captain Joe’s job, he can get on with defending. Which he’s good at.