The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Heard a wee story today.

So, as part of the manager's gig at Saints, they get a company car. A decent Audi, I believe. Goodwin had to return it and was passed over to Robinson when he started.

One is of the green persuasion. The other is of the blue persuasion. Now, when Robbo enters his nice car it says ‘Hail, Hail Robbo!’ and nae fucker knows how to fix it…

But they could update the driver's name?

Aye. No buying it.

I've never seen an Audi that let's you edit the welcome message beyond your name, and I've been in top of the range Q7s from 2021, so this rumour sounds like absolute pish.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Chewin The Fat Fancy Cheese Baguette Modus Operandi GIF - Chewin The Fat  Fancy Cheese Baguette Modus Operandi - Discover & Share GIFs

Aye, exactly.

If any Audis wanky enough to let you personalise a welcome message that would be it.

50 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Heard a wee story today.

So, as part of the manager's gig at Saints, they get a company car. A decent Audi, I believe. Goodwin had to return it and was passed over to Robinson when he started.

One is of the green persuasion. The other is of the blue persuasion. Now, when Robbo enters his nice car it says ‘Hail, Hail Robbo!’ and nae fucker knows how to fix it…

Wit the actual f**k 😂😂😂. Folk believe anything they’re told eh.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Heard a wee story today.

“I find that rather difficult to believe”

Rik

This reminds me of a joke I was told during lockdown… Rich guy goes to the BMW dealer to pick up his brand new 7 Series, top of the range Beemer. Salesman is giving him a run-through of the features. ‘Just wait until you see the stereo. Linked by voice control to BMW HQ in Germany. Just ask for the artist you want and it plays it, change your mind? Just ask for someone else. It’s amazing’. The bloke cannot believe this, so once he gets the keys, as he’s carefully driving off, he says ‘BMW, play The Beatles’. The stereo kicks in with ‘Back in the USSR’. After a few Beatles tunes, the guy says ‘BMW, play the Rolling Stones’. The Beatles instantly stop, and on comes ‘Brown Sugar’. The guy cannot believe how minted his new set of wheels are. He comes up to a roundabout, and two twats in a souped-up Vauxhall Corsa come screaming onto the roundabout and nearly wipe him out. He opens the window and screams ‘You complete fcuking kunts!’. The stereo stops the Rolling Stones and instantly kicks in again… ‘Follow! Follow! We will follow Rangers…’

My jacket will be collected as I exit the forum and head off sheepishly in the direction of the BBC at Glastonbury…. 😁

Edited by pozbaird

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've never seen an Audi that let's you edit the welcome message beyond your name, and I've been in top of the range Q7s from 2021, so this rumour sounds like absolute pish.

Maybe the name was put in as "hail hail robbo" as a joke and no one knows where the setting is to change it.

Because the other idea that the message is changed to "hail hail <name>" and Stephen Robinson entered his name as "Robbo" is quite frankly worse.

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean&#x27;s Ghost said:

Maybe the name was put in as "hail hail robbo" as a joke and no one knows where the setting is to change it.

Because the other idea that the message is changed to "hail hail <name>" and Stephen Robinson entered his name as "Robbo" is quite frankly worse.

Aye, Goodwin had changed it as a joke. Anways, was just sharing a story of some ‘bantz’ between former and current manager. Was a mechanic I was talking to - having never owned an Audi I’ve no idea what you can and can’t do! 

Hopefully Gallagher has dropped his demands rather than us flinging money at him. If so, footballing wise it's a decent signing.

Can't deny he has baggage though and not really sure where I stand on that. During his first spell with us Kirk Broadfoot almost got the jail for assaulting someone and it never even crossed my mind he should be booted - probably because he was our best player at the time!

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hopefully Gallagher has dropped his demands rather than us flinging money at him. If so, footballing wise it's a decent signing.

Can't deny he has baggage though and not really sure where I stand on that. During his first spell with us Kirk Broadfoot almost got the jail for assaulting someone and it never even crossed my mind he should be booted - probably because he was our best player at the time!

I suppose people are entitled to a second chance, he served his time and I'd hope has been rehabilitated.

I say this with the caveat of not knowing a great deal about his crime though, other than it being an assault charge.

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looks like we might be using the press on this one.... DG wants to come but is being difficult; to focus the attention of DG and his agent we call off negotiations and tell Scott Burns to print that we've moved onto another target. DG now comes back to the table....

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

To be fair, Broadfoot didn't hit a guy over the head with a baseball bat and show no remorse.