The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I have no issue with fans not being able to go to games for different reasons. 
But when you can get a VPN and pay for an international subscription to St Mirren TV for all home and away League and cup games for £150 that would surely be preferable to using Hesgoal especially if like Oaksoft you can afford to. 

That is a fraction of the cost of a Season Ticket.

That to me is what being a supporter of our club is about. 

I would have more respect for him if he made some contribution to the club.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Couldn't give a shit how good this guy is at football, I don't want convicted criminals playing at our club.

End of story.

It depends I suppose on the crime, impact on the victim and levels of remorse. I'm sure there have been a lot of players who have played for us who may have been in trouble when younger.

The issue with Gallagher is the assault was serious, it had a life changing impact on the victim, and from what I could see, any comments from Gallagher were about the difficult time he went through - absolutely zero victim empathy or awareness from what I could see. For those reasons, I really hope we don't sign him.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

A bit of both I'd say.

When heads were down then he couldn't pick up his own, never mind the guys around him.

St Mirren could be the perfect move for him.

We didn't score an equalising goal until January (after Robinson left) in the season he was captain for us.

It was weird because after Hartley left Gallagher seemed a really obvious choice given his apparent presence around the team but as it was he seemed to have zero leadership and was a disaster of a captain.

The fact that our form picked up when he was out with his "gun to the head" incident didn't exactly reflect well on him either.

To go from where he was at the start of that season (Scotland international, POTY) to barely a token note of gratitude from the club on his exit was some fall from grace.

Edited by capt_oats

Premiership side St Mirren have pulled the plug on their pursuit of Declan Gallagher and will now turn their focus to another defensive option.

The Buddies had held extensive discussion with the Scotland internationalist’s reps over the past days. St Mirren thought they had agreed a deal in principle for the Aberdeen defender but further complications arose. Aberdeen had already agreed to the move and had given Gallagher permission to open negotiations with St Mirren.

Saints have now decided moved and are now in talks with an English-based central defender.

28 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Premiership side St Mirren have pulled the plug on their pursuit of Declan Gallagher and will now turn their focus to another defensive option.

The Buddies had held extensive discussion with the Scotland internationalist’s reps over the past days. St Mirren thought they had agreed a deal in principle for the Aberdeen defender but further complications arose. Aberdeen had already agreed to the move and had given Gallagher permission to open negotiations with St Mirren.

Saints have now decided moved and are now in talks with an English-based central defender.

Sounds like instead of going for a Robinson type signing, we are pursuing a Robinson type signing.

Not at all fussed about Gallagher falling through (for the reasons I mentioned in my post from this morning when the deal still appeared to be on) and it appears that we made that decision for whatever reason rather than the player. Perhaps he was playing hardball with money and we've chosen not to waste our time or maybe a better option has come up because it appears we've moved onto this 'English-based target' very quickly indeed. Gallagher would have improved the squad for sure but definitely not at the cost of stretching the budget too thin for a 31 year old who is severely out of form.

This also may bode pretty well with Gogic IMO, as if we are pulling contracts that quickly and moving on as soon as a target for whatever reason doesn't look like going through, then it can only be a good thing that the Gogic contract remains on the table and discussions are ongoing.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not at all fussed about Gallagher falling through (for the reasons I mentioned in my post from this morning when the deal still appeared to be on) and it appears that we made that decision for whatever reason rather than the player. Perhaps he was playing hardball with money and we've chosen not to waste our time or maybe a better option has come up because it appears we've moved onto this 'English-based target' very quickly indeed. Gallagher would have improved the squad for sure but definitely not at the cost of stretching the budget too thin for a 31 year old who is severely out of form.

This also may bode pretty well with Gogic IMO, as if we are pulling contacts that quickly and moving on as soon as a target for whatever reason doesn't look like going through, then it can only be a good thing that the Gogic contract remains on the table and discussions are ongoing.

Pretty much my feelings too, a decent signing but hardly a world beater. Martin Foyle will no doubt find us someone equally as capable but with less baggage. 

I am late to the party here but Gallagher was brilliant for us, then he seemed to believe his own hype and turned into a shitebag. He was utter dugshite at Aberdeen anytime I saw him too. Kevin Van Veen threw him about like an empty trackie.

Have you been linked with #Pete6 yet?

Heard a wee story today.

So, as part of the manager's gig at Saints, they get a company car. A decent Audi, I believe. Goodwin had to return it and was passed over to Robinson when he started.

One is of the green persuasion. The other is of the blue persuasion. Now, when Robbo enters his nice car it says ‘Hail, Hail Robbo!’ and nae fucker knows how to fix it…

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Locked behind a patreon paywall, who is he talking about?

Hopefully Declan Gallagher.

And hopefully someone tells him he's wrong and late with the news.

The guys brilliant when he throws a strop.