The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

You have to think that the manager will be hoping that Gogic signs, as he fits the criteria of a versatile player who can cover centre back or midfield. I’ve heard that Mallan was back home in Paisley, but he’s not interested in coming back to us. That’s a pity as we all know what he can bring to the team.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I was trying to work out who he was talking about also.

The only other player we offered a contract to, who wasn't announced as leaving the club, was academy player Fraser Taylor.

Taylor was in the pictures at training today!

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Could be a Shuggy Murray-type situation: announced that he'd turned down a contract and was leaving the club, looked like he was going join to Mansfield, didn't happen, came back up the road and signed the St Mirren contract after all.

Shuggie*

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Won't be Ronan. We'd have to have made an offer and have it accepted before we'd be allowed to put a contract in front of him.

I think we have put a bid in for Ronan though (according to the Misery hunters podcast anyway!), so they may have accepted it. Sounds like Ronan has no intention of coming back, but we might have chanced our arm and Wolves don't care where he goes.

19 minutes ago, GAD said:

I think we have put a bid in for Ronan though (according to the Misery hunters podcast anyway!), so they may have accepted it. Sounds like Ronan has no intention of coming back, but we might have chanced our arm and Wolves don't care where he goes.

Yeah we have definitely put in a loan bid but as you say there’s no way he’s coming back here.

22 minutes ago, GAD said:

Interesting if true. I just assumed we were priced out by the mid six figure amount being rumored.

29 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Ryan Strain confirmed. 

seems a real coup on paper, obviously had injury issues last season but hopefully he can stay injury free going forward

Another left field signing but a welcome one. A centre half and a centre midfielder now

Looks like another good signing. Robinson is certainly being backed in the window, can't recall a pre season before where we had made so many signings by the 21st of June, and we clearly aren't done yet.  This is his team now, let's hope he can push us on and we can hit the ground running on the 9th of July.

I was reading a lot of stuff in the stadium and looking at the pictures and just seeing what he did at St Mirren. It’s amazing and to represent that legacy means a lot to me. 

"It means the world especially to my mum and her side of the family. They couldn’t believe it and I’m just buzzing to be here. As soon as I found out St Mirren was interested I was straight on the plane. I can’t wait to put the shirt on and show the fans what I can do.

I actually love him a wee bit already.

Goalkeepers
Carson, Lyness, Urminsky 
Defenders
Shaughnessy, Dunne, Fraser, Tait, Tanser, Strain 
Midfielders
O'Hara, Erhahon, Flynn, Baccus, Henderson, Kiltie, Reid, McMaster 
Forwards
Brophy, Main, Greive, Ayunga, Olusanya, Jamieson, Offord

Thanks for this. Looking at this we have 3 players that can play Central defence. I would like to get someone else in there too.
We have maybe then starting wing backs in Stain and Tanser with Tait as a versatile wing back sub. Henderson at a push can fill there too.
If Gogic is weighing his options we probably are not in for a shot. I hope we are looking at someone similar as he was great in his loan spell.