The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Pretty sure every manager says they want their business done as early as possible and to get the players in before preseason begins.

Goody said this when he went to the Dons. Pretty sure the new hibs manager said it in his first interview. 

Desire and reality seldom align in this regard but it makes a good soundbite to get fans excited and imply they're driven.

He didn't say that.
He said he wants as many as possible in by then. Not that he wants them all in like Elvis said.
I don't think for a minute Robinson believes our transfer business will be done by this time next week.
Might have missed that. Thanks.
Any more on Keanu Baccus? Would the A-League not have finished now?

33 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Might have missed that. Thanks.
Any more on Keanu Baccus? Would the A-League not have finished now?

Contract runs to 30th June I heard. 

Suppose depends on him getting his affairs in order as to when he gets here.

Don't think any of the other sides have announced the Aussie players as here yet? Livi and another club (Hibs?) have both signed A-League players recently too.

12 hours ago, Munoz said:

The most rancid and despicable sectarian bigots dare to accuse any other club of hate, You couldn’t make it up Sevco fans are indeed a breed apart.

f**k them they’ll get the north stand or better still boycott the game.

27 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The most rancid and despicable sectarian bigots dare to accuse any other club of hate, You couldn’t make it up Sevco fans are indeed a breed apart.

f**k them they’ll get the north stand or better still boycott the game.

They love to shout about potential boycotts of other clubs yet as far as I know they have never managed this.

These same Rangers and Celtic fans moaning at having their allocation cut are the very same fans that lauded their own clubs for cutting away fan allocations for Old Firm games.

I'm also willing to bet that 99% of them only ever watch their team on Sportscene, so it doesn't affect the vast majority of them anyway.

I saw some roaster of a Celtic fan on Twitter claiming that it's not their fault that they started on a level playing field with every other club but had some marketing masterstroke to draw in supporters. If by "marketing msterstrome" they mean cashing in on and pandering to braindead bigots then I wholeheartedly agree.

This seems to have upset both Celtic and Rangers fans equally. Lovely stuff.

2 hours ago, SS77 said:

A few gems from that thread on Follow Follow 😂

EDF3C211-388C-4A49-8F7C-9841E493547A.jpeg

559B0D13-3437-4422-9106-276D9A743518.jpeg

10C9B372-B41E-49C0-9717-1182F462F09A.jpeg

Thing is, it was never their original allocation. It only got increased the season we were both in the championship, where they were given one of our home stands, when W7 bedded into their area of the west stand.

Since then, we have become a fan owned club with a community drive, to get as many locals and fans who have possibly stayed away from these games back in. Not just for these fixtures but increase match days attendances every week.

They genuinely don't get the idea that a percentage of our fans stay away from these fixtures due to the allocation given to them and the vile spouted during the game. I'm pretty sure there was a stat last season that read we had more home fans the week after or week before vs Dundee at home(I think). So it is very evident usual punters have distanced themselves from these fixtures. Either protesting with their feet or just not wanting to get caught up in the pre, during match and post match carry on.

We get called tinpot for not having as many fans as them and not doing things to their accord, though when you cut them back to their original allocation of the official 'away end', to try drive more of our own fans into the stadium in the 'home end' where there are already season ticket holders you are deemed as scum. So what if there are empty seats, they are our bloody empty seats and we are not funded by both to keep us afloat.

As these two clubs have large followings, they will never understand what it's like to give up an allocation of their ground, so it doesn't register with them. Its all about them.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Two things:

1) I love how they think being banned from Ibrox is a punishment.

2) "a betted" 😂 fucking moron.

Aye orcs really shouldn't try big words. Stick to being monosyllabic it's much more in character. In the same post "the country wee live in..."

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

821978745_Screenshot_20220615-120959_AdblockBrowser.thumb.jpg.69ba26650658d9106c31f09d03a42ca3.jpg

Pun Reaction GIF

So, wait....us not giving two stands to either Rangers OR Celtic for the season ahead is Zealotry?

Fucking ZEALOTRY!!!

I mean, the obvious question is, to what end? We're clearly not turfing a stand off Rangers but leaving Celtic as they are. So to what cause are we being accused of attaching this fanaticism?

Brilliant stuff when fucking morons try to shoehorn words into conversation that they have no idea of the meaning of.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Aye orcs really shouldn't try big words. Stick to being monosyllabic it's much more in character. In the same post "the country wee live in..."

And "a betted"...

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The complete lack of self-awareness is always a source of amusement with Rangers and to a lesser extent, Celtic. This fucking mental belief that their presence in our ground props us up is a never ending source of amusement.

Quick reminder, how many clubs in Scotland have been liquidated since Rangers?

In fact, how many have even went into administration since 2012? I can only think of two, and the last one was 9 years ago.

Exactly. The arrogance and condescending attitude is unbelievable. 

Perhaps clubs just don’t want swathes of scum in their stadiums wrecking stuff and shouting archaic and irrelevant chants!?

Take your medicine bigots. 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Exactly. The arrogance and condescending attitude is unbelievable. 

Perhaps clubs just don’t want swathes of scum in their stadiums wrecking stuff and shouting archaic and irrelevant chants!?

Take your medicine bigots. 

I seen someone tweet, 'St Mirren are clearly only about self interest'. It's our bloody stadium and our home end. As if we have to give our own fans the two fingers and open the floodgates for them. Unreal man🙃😂

I've got a season ticket for the Tony Fitzpatrick stand and usually my youngest goes with me. I was quite happy to miss the Old Firm fixtures. 

This season I'll turn up to those games and pay the £30 as a thank you to the club. 

My only concern is potential bother because a large number of Old Firm fans buy home end tickets (perhaps as a protest). Hopefully the club will have procedures in place to stop that happening.