The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Conor Ronan who had 40+ appearances in the EFL, including games for Wolves, who'd played in the Slovakian top flight and was part of an Irish side who got huge interest because they finished 4th at the Toulon Tournament?

That "unknown" Conor Ronan?

This is like when you claimed St Mirren had made signing players from Ireland popular, despite half the clubs in the country doing it for years before you even hired Goodwin.

I’d never heard of Ronan until we signed him and I doubt many other Saints fans had.

If we can pick up a couple more guys I’ve never heard of with 40+ EFL appearances plus a season in the Slovakian top flight and they’re as good as Ronan, then I’m all for it! 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Got to laugh at some of the folk saying they wouldn't give Mallan a shout. 

The guy scored or assisted at a rate of a goal every other game for us over nearly 120 appearances. I don't think we'd be in a position to turn our noses up at that.

If we sign Mallen then we have to push the boat out for Gogic. Mallen wont track back or break up play. He needs a tough no nonsense type in the mix with him. 

But i agree if he is available then get Mallen back

If we sign Mallen then we have to push the boat out for Gogic. Mallen wont track back or break up play. He needs a tough no nonsense type in the mix with him. 
But i agree if he is available then get Mallen back
Someone on B&WA saying

Heard Gogic cannot agree terms and has better offers, ball in his court.
[/Quote]

There was chat on a Matt Butcher being linked who played for the fakes before. Not sure if he could fill that role or if this means we could be linked with released Motherwell players like Donnelly?

Or Baccus that we have signed on a PCA apparently from the A-League maybe play that role?

5 hours ago, ron said:

Heard Killie (and others) sniffing around Carey. 

Still only 33 and has been playing at a decent level,  we only have Tanser down the left hand side and we struggled when he was out the side injured for a number of games, Carey would make sense as he can cover a number of positions.

1 hour ago, McG said:

Still only 33 and has been playing at a decent level,  we only have Tanser down the left hand side and we struggled when he was out the side injured for a number of games, Carey would make sense as he can cover a number of positions.

I just knew you would be all over this when Carey was mentioned 😂

1 hour ago, McG said:

I fucking love Carey. But didn't he stop playing left side a long time ago? Pretty sure he was pulling the strings through the middle when at Plymouth.

Either way, I'd love to see him back. Still pisses me off that he left, and that we under-used him when he was here.

2 hours ago, McG said:

erection GIF

36 minutes ago, elvis said:

Would he leave his club who are sitting second in the league to come back to perennial strugglers I would be very surprised if he did.

He's already left his club. He's a free agent.

14 minutes ago, McG said:

Kilmarnock are favourites to land Carey, hope we are 1 of the other Scottish clubs in for him.

We’d be playing him at the expense of Kiltie though and I don’t think it’s worth spending a fortune on a 33 year old Carey’s wage when we’ve got a younger alternative who is probably just as good.

Why has Baccus not been officially announced, I assume Australia has different transfer windows than us?

Glad the chat is back to St. Mirren on the St. Mirren thread, that Motherwell chat was ripping my knitting. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why has Baccus not been officially announced, I assume Australia has different transfer windows than us?

Glas the chat is back to St. Mirren on the St. Mirren thread, that Motherwell chat was ripping my knitting. 

His contract doesn’t expire until the end of June.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

He's already left his club. He's a free agent.

He's also been hawking himself around Scottish clubs since January wanting a move back.