The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Good on you for letting the fans have their say. I'm struggling to see the difference between options 1 and 3 - is it just the shorts or are there a few more small differences like in a competition? I'd be surprised if option 2 isn't chosen, surely much more like a traditional Saints top?

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

I may be in a minority here, but i'd rather sign Stevie Mallan than Davis. I just think Mallan fits better with what we need - plays further forward, good at set pieces and would give the midfield more balance as most of our signed up players in that area are a bit more defensive. He's also a lot younger, no idea if he'd be interested though.

Mallan is on big money in Turkey will keep it going as long as he can as me and you would. Davis has been offered a deal that's what I was told . Motherwell are in now also going by the press . I trust who spoke to me have had it from two sources connected with Rangers . Unless Rangers want to keep him we are top of his list. Time will tell. 

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Mallan is on big money in Turkey will keep it going as long as he can as me and you would. Davis has been offered a deal that's what I was told . Motherwell are in now also going by the press . I trust who spoke to me have had it from two sources connected with Rangers . Unless Rangers want to keep him we are top of his list. Time will tell. 

That's not what you said you were told the other day. You said you were told he was signing.

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Mallan isnt getting paid by his Turkish club, thats why hes back here.

Option 2, if it has stripes on the back and red names & numbers, would look pretty good when actually worn by the players IMHO. Just make sure the Digby Brown black sponsor rectangle is wider than the two main stripes, to avoid creating a big black ‘H’ lederhosen effect again.

Edit to add - it’s the close season so someone please piss on our kit discussion chips by posting ‘what are ye’ like, grown men, getting into a tizz over a fitba’ shirt. It should only ever be worn by the players, maybe a kiddie, anyone wearing one of these out and about needs a word with themselves. Who cares what it looks like? As long as it’s got black and white stripes? Bloody Gok Wans the lot of you. I only care about who’s wearing them, gie’s a signing’.

There. Covered that beautifully methinks.

8E1DF51D-3812-4D72-A525-DB5E6115DBCA.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

I may be in a minority here, but i'd rather sign Stevie Mallan than Davis. I just think Mallan fits better with what we need - plays further forward, good at set pieces and would give the midfield more balance as most of our signed up players in that area are a bit more defensive. He's also a lot younger, no idea if he'd be interested though.

Mallan over a guy who just played in Scottish Cup Final and Europa League final? 

Davis at 37 is lightyears ahead of Mallan.

Edited by SS77

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This was so long ago I can't remember which I voted for. I thought it was later confirmed that there would be stripes on the back though or I might be getting it mixed up with the ambiguity over this season's strips when voting.

Option 2 for me 

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That's not what you said you were told the other day. You said you were told 

Correct.  That means he has been offered a deal well that's my way of thinking.  McAllister said to me looks like Davis is going to Saints. 

12 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I'm sure I read on one of the other forums or social that someone knows Stevie and he would be interested in coming back. Could be a lot of mince, though if he were available and willing to come back, I'd jump at it. 

47 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Correct.  That means he has been offered a deal well that's my way of thinking.  McAllister said to me looks like Davis is going to Saints. 

You said plainly that Rangers kitman Jim McAllister told you that Davis is coming to St. Mirren.

That's a pretty big stretch from the revised position of he's been offered a deal.:lol:

5 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

I'm sure I read on one of the other forums or social that someone knows Stevie and he would be interested in coming back. Could be a lot of mince, though if he were available and willing to come back, I'd jump at it. 

Yes I would take him back in a minute also. Maybe he is home sick Turkey is a completely different culture.  

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You said plainly that Rangers kitman Jim McAllister told you that Davis is coming to St. Mirren.

That's a pretty big stretch from the revised position of he's been offered a deal.:lol:

Jeez oh believe what you want. 

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

An incredible way to lose a source too.

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean, it's none of my business but going from "Davis is coming to Saints",  "this will happen guys" to "Davis has been offered a deal that's what I was told" is some shift of the goalposts.

:lol:

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

You are correct before end of season he told my son he wished he was back to help us out of the mess we got ourselves into.