The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's what Aberdeen fans said about Scott Brown.

Fair point but Brown has serious issues with hip and previous pelvic injury. Davis has looked after himself and can still cut it quite easily at this level.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

That was me who said I thought he was done but I take it back you don't play that many games for one of the best teams in the country if your done .

Yourself and a couple of others had said it in fairness.

It did look like he might have been on the way out earlier in the season but he has been superb since the turn of the year.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You never know. We had Roy Aitken play for us, supposedly finished, but the guy was an absolute class act, in a less than stellar St Mirren side. We had Victor Munoz, who was the same. Class. Stevie Thompson came here to see out his days and was superb. We had Steve Archibald, who was shite. 😜

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Two different types of player who perform different roles. Yes both midfielders but they are not like for like. Would you say Ronan was the same as Power? Davis makes the ball work for him where Brown charges around trying to break up play. 

On 22/05/2022 at 15:35, pozbaird said:

You never know. We had Roy Aitken play for us, supposedly finished, but the guy was an absolute class act, in a less than stellar St Mirren side. We had Victor Munoz, who was the same. Class. Stevie Thompson came here to see out his days and was superb. We had Steve Archibald, who was shite. 😜

I remember Aitken got a Scotland cap while he was with Saints, and I’m pretty sure he was the last Saintyboy to get a full Scotto cap.

22 hours ago, Lex said:

I don’t think we will sign Davis, but I hope we do. Let’s offer him a deal and see what he says.

I may be in a minority here, but i'd rather sign Stevie Mallan than Davis. I just think Mallan fits better with what we need - plays further forward, good at set pieces and would give the midfield more balance as most of our signed up players in that area are a bit more defensive. He's also a lot younger, no idea if he'd be interested though.

I may be in a minority here, but i'd rather sign Stevie Mallan than Davis. I just think Mallan fits better with what we need - plays further forward, good at set pieces and would give the midfield more balance as most of our signed up players in that area are a bit more defensive. He's also a lot younger, no idea if he'd be interested though.

Same, would love Mallan back. Let’s sign both [emoji16]

IMG_8571.jpgIMG_8570.jpgIMG_8569.jpg

Anyone know when we are finding out the results of the new kit vote? Feels like ages ago they were released. Hoping for option two, we always play better in white shorts [emoji7]

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

This was so long ago I can't remember which I voted for. I thought it was later confirmed that there would be stripes on the back though or I might be getting it mixed up with the ambiguity over this season's strips when voting.

51 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This was so long ago I can't remember which I voted for. I thought it was later confirmed that there would be stripes on the back though or I might be getting it mixed up with the ambiguity over this season's strips when voting.

You are correct on that one mate, Smisa announced that they were able to include stripes on the back a few months ago.