The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, Spam_Valley said:

Bankhouse, Keg, Ugly Duck, The Lane, Barga. 

All cater for kids and closer to the station and the ground.

Gabriels is an old man’s drinking shop akin to Swan and Tile IMO. Gets a strangely good reputation for being an out of the way shitehole. unless you’re Seedhill based then it’s just a shitehole.

Never set foot in Ugly Duck, The Lane or Barga, so I will bow to your superior knowledge of Paisley pubs. Is Barga where Borgia used to be? That was a good sized pub and had plenty of TVs about so I imagine that would be a good shout tbf. 

I’ve never thought of Gabriel’s like that, I certainly wouldn’t put it in the same bracket as The Tile or The Swan though. When I was younger myself and a couple of work mates used to do an east end pub crawl, starting in the Swan, then the Tile, round to The Anchor, one in Gabriels, one in the Kelburn, up to the Burgh Bar for a game of darts then back to Gabriels until shutting time. You can find your fair share of stoaters in any one of those pubs, but I always found Gabriels to have a better atmosphere than the others mentioned. 

Gabriels is an old man’s drinking shop akin to Swan and Tile IMO. Gets a strangely good reputation for being an out of the way shitehole. unless you’re Seedhill based then it’s just a shitehole.
Gabriels is most definitely not a shitehole.

51 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Aye, Gabriel’s is probably one up on level from the Swan/Tile but essentially they’re the same kind of place. Pint of Belhaven and a hauf.

Not for me and too far from the ground I’d say.

It is a long walk to the stadium however, as I've said, the 64 bus to The Phoenix stops across the road and stops near the stadium.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It is a long walk to the stadium however, as I've said, the 64 bus to The Phoenix stops across the road and stops near the stadium.

What is the closest pub to the stadium nowadays? I haven’t been in the west end for a while so I don’t even know what pubs are still open. The Tartan Rose or The Buddies? Away fans would be better sitting in Glasgow until half 2 and jumping on the Gourock train that stops at St. James. 

15 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

What is the closest pub to the stadium nowadays? I haven’t been in the west end for a while so I don’t even know what pubs are still open. The Tartan Rose or The Buddies? Away fans would be better sitting in Glasgow until half 2 and jumping on the Gourock train that stops at St. James. 

The Cragie Bar, Buddies or Tartan Rose all just over half a mile to the stadium.

4 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

I'm guessing you've not been in The Swan in a long while. Some of the best live music in the town at weekends.

Robinson has a record that should get him sacked, the only thing keeping him in a job is the fact we just employed him, he isn’t even likeable in his interviews.
Did we even bring him in for an interview or just head hunt him as I can’t see for the life how he could have interviewed well.

The BODs from the past would have him in the last chance saloon by now. A loss next week and he would be gone, when there's still a chance of saving ourselves, with some backroom staff in charge !

12 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Robinson has a record that should get him sacked, the only thing keeping him in a job is the fact we just employed him, he isn’t even likeable in his interviews.
Did we even bring him in for an interview or just head hunt him as I can’t see for the life how he could have interviewed well.

unlikely, barring relegation, with his pal as COO.

unlikely, barring relegation, with his pal as COO.

Well he’s not COO yet, he doesn’t arrive till May. We don’t currently have one. The club is leaderless and rudderless and we are sleepwalking to the Championship,.
IMO the only hope of not finishing 11th is if The Saintees don’t get two points from their other three games, because we will surely lose the remaining four.