The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Interesting comment from Grant Russell about Lasley taking the job.

We can only hope this is the case, seems to have the appropriate qualifications and experience for the job, in the gutter but as always looking at the stars....

20 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

No doubt Elvis and his merry band of doom & gloom merchants, will be along soon to tell us how bad this will turn out to be.

I don't care about that stuff it's what's on the park and right now it's totally dog shit.

30 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

From Wikipedia… controversy!

According to Daily Record article, Lasley was born in Paisley, Scotland.[3]However, the official Motherwell site lists his birthplace as Glasgow.

Sorry for quoting myself, but Lasley is only 42 years of age, how can there be an argument about where he was born? It’s not like we’re trying to agree on where William Wallace or somebody was actually born. I’m eighteen years older than Lasley but my birth certificate is clear - born in Paisley. None of that Weegie pish thank you very much. 😎

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

I don't care about that stuff it's what's on the park and right now it's totally dog shit.

FFS, on top of everything else we have dogs shitting on the park. It's no wonder we have players slipping and sliding everywhere. I'd sack the groundsman.

Sad to see Lasley go. St Mirren have appointed a good guy and I hope to see him back at Motherwell one day.

As an aside, will Lasley have the final say over the hiring/firing of managers? Obviously Robinson hasn't had the best of starts and it would be interesting if one of Lasley's firsts tasks was to sack his old boss.

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Sad to see Lasley go. St Mirren have appointed a good guy and I hope to see him back at Motherwell one day.

As an aside, will Lasley have the final say over the hiring/firing of managers? Obviously Robinson hasn't had the best of starts and it would be interesting if one of Lasley's firsts tasks was to sack his old boss.

I was having a wee look at the news story on the St Mirren website.

I'd say from the sound of it, it'd be his remit to do the actual sacking but it'd be a board decision...

"Keith takes on the newly created role following the retirement of Chief Executive Officer Tony Fitzpatrick last month and will be responsible for managing all Club operations as well as assisting the board in setting the overall vision and strategy moving forward."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

do it jewish GIF

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Sorry for quoting myself, but Lasley is only 42 years of age, how can there be an argument about where he was born? It’s not like we’re trying to agree on where William Wallace or somebody was actually born. I’m eighteen years older than Lasley but my birth certificate is clear - born in Paisley. None of that Weegie pish thank you very much. 😎

Honestly, man. f**k off.
Your ‘patter’ is fucking horrific. The club let you design a kit once upon a time and I’ve got that up there with the hiring of Tommy Craig as the worst decision the club has ever made.

f**k you and your shite Da jokes, you absolute cancer.

7 hours ago, Officer Michaels said:

Honestly, man. f**k off.
Your ‘patter’ is fucking horrific. The club let you design a kit once upon a time and I’ve got that up there with the hiring of Tommy Craig as the worst decision the club has ever made.

Fucks sake. Hopefully in the cold light of day you'll realise what a prick you've just come across with a totally unprovoked and unjustified attack on someone. 

Clearly though you've a bit of personal grievance with the guy, so I'd suggest ironing that out in private because it's not a good look attacking him over what was in all truth, a completely harmless post.

Edited by djchapsticks

6 hours ago, Officer Michaels said:

Honestly, man. f**k off.

Jesus take a look at yourself, that’s well out of order.

7 hours ago, Officer Michaels said:

Honestly, man. f**k off.

Zero need for that. For the record, the strip he designed was a belter.

Edited by Coventry Saint

8 hours ago, Officer Michaels said:

Honestly, man. f**k off.

Way past your bedtime, was it? 

8 hours ago, Officer Michaels said:

Honestly, man. f**k off.

Wow. Just wow. I hope you’re a sad and lonely wee man, because I wouldn’t like to be anywhere near you. Issues…….

15 minutes ago, geo87 said:

What strip was it again? Was it the black one with diagonal red stripe?

I think he designed both strips the year we won the league Cup.

Both modern classics and that is an almost universal opinion among the support. 

Edited by djchapsticks