The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 06/04/2022 at 13:45, Ray Patterson said:

Must admit, I'd be putting money on St Mirren finishing in 11th and losing in the Playoff, really do seem to be in freefall - very similar to Hibs in 2013-14.

Says the supporter of a team who beat Saints in the 97th minute when they were down to 10 men.

Fine margins.  Even our defeat away to Well is a game we could easily have gotten something from.

I suppose though, continually NOT picking up points in relatively even games is a worrying trend at this time of the year.

14 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Says the supporter of a team who beat Saints in the 97th minute when they were down to 10 men.

Fine margins.  Even our defeat away to Well is a game we could easily have gotten something from.

I suppose though, continually NOT picking up points in relatively even games is a worrying trend at this time of the year.

In the season we went down, we threw away about 35 points from winning positions almost all goals in the 80-90th minute.

Fine Margins are the difference in this league.

On 06/04/2022 at 13:45, Ray Patterson said:

Must admit, I'd be putting money on St Mirren finishing in 11th and losing in the Playoff, really do seem to be in freefall - very similar to Hibs in 2013-14.

I will take your 2013-14 Hibs freefall and raise you Killies 2020-21 , with Power, Kiltie and Brophy culpable. At least Jordan Jones had gone by then. 

6 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I went to the Killie-Partick game a couple weeks ago. I would get in the current Killie team. Dreadful. 

I'm 53, overweight with two dodgy knees and even I made the bench today.

When is Alnwick back? I think we've had the answer to "should Lyness have a shot at #1" over the past few games.

As disappointing as the "head turned" image Alnwick's presented of late is, he has clearly helped cover up the ineptitude of some of our defence over the season.

It's also clear that Robinson doesn't have a clue how to get this current team to do what he needs. There is gonna be a busy and interesting summer transfer window ahead. Hopefully we start strong next season.

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I tried to watch Kille v QoS but gave up because the unmanned minor league cameras genuinely kept panning away from the action to follow polly bags that were blowing around in the wind.

The cameras on Killie tv are not unmanned.

That was an absolute shambles today.

All we had to do was not lose a goal in the first 15, and the venom from the 2 stands behind the goals would have caused them to bottle it - as has been seen many times before (not against us right enough).

We completely downed tools in that second half, something I haven’t seen for a while.

I get why people are calling for Robinson’s head, we are in free fall, however the fact we have dropped 100k on him will likely buy him time. I’m finding him highly unlikeable but feel we have no option but to let him build his own side in the summer (regardless of what division we’re in), as we seen from the interview process leading up to his appointment there really isn’t a lot of options out there currently (or none that our fans would accept)

That was an absolute shambles today.

All we had to do was not lose a goal in the first 15, and the venom from the 2 stands behind the goals would have caused them to bottle it - as has been seen many times before (not against us right enough).

We completely downed tools in that second half, something I haven’t seen for a while.

I get why people are calling for Robinson’s head, we are in free fall, however the fact we have dropped 100k on him will likely buy him time. I’m finding him highly unlikeable but feel we have no option but to let him build his own side in the summer (regardless of what division we’re in), as we seen from the interview process leading up to his appointment there really isn’t a lot of options out there currently (or none that our fans would accept)
We have backed ourselves into this corner so for that reason I agree with you. That said we should have given Langfield the rest of the season as caretaker after the Livi game. Players would have responded to him and we wouldn't be in the shit we clearly are now. Also the options in the summer would have been much wider than they were when we "head hunted" Robinson but that's neither here nor there now. I still think we will have enough (just) to avoid the playoffs but that's nowt to do with Robinson. A huge summer for him (if he survives, go down and it's GTF) but he will be under immense pressure to start the new season well IF (big IF) he survives that long.