The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Wouldn't surprise me if we fail to win for the rest of the season and scrape over the line on draws. 

That’s been one of the main differences, we can’t even draw games now. We played six games against County, Motherwell and United this season before the manager change, we lost none of them. Since Robinson arrived we have played three games against those same opponents and deservedly lost the lot of them.
We will surely lose on Sunday and we will be in a tailspin going into the split. Who knows what will happen after that, but it doesn’t look good.

35 minutes ago, Lex said:

That’s been one of the main differences, we can’t even draw games now. We played six games against County, Motherwell and United this season before the manager change, we lost none of them. Since Robinson arrived we have played three games against those same opponents and deservedly lost the lot of them.
We will surely lose on Sunday and we will be in a tailspin going into the split. Who knows what will happen after that, but it doesn’t look good.

Spot on. Under Goodwin this season we at least looked hard to beat (other than a few notable games). I feel I'm repeating myself here but when Goodwin left we had lost 6 league games. Only Celtic and Rangers had lost fewer. Since Robinson has come in we've lost another 6 (out of 7 games). 

I have some sympathy with Robinson, everything he does will be compared to Goodwin by fans, players, staff. A change in training or atmosphere is enough to unsettle a team. What I can't be doing with are his post match comments that really don't fill me with confidence. 

44 minutes ago, Lex said:

Like I said earlier I'm reduced to hoping Dundee will still be rotten and whoever the other three teams are will be less motivated than us post-split. 

Like I said earlier I'm reduced to hoping Dundee will still be rotten and whoever the other three teams are will be less motivated than us post-split. 

There’s no realistic chance of us finishing 12th, even if we lose every remaining game i can’t see Dundee getting to 36 points - they’d have to win four of their remaining six games to get there and that ain’t happening.
11th is very much on, Saintees away will likely be our first game post split. If they win that then they will be three points behind us (assuming we both lose to the OF next week) with four games to play, they’ll also probably have a better GD. That’s a one game swing meaning we could quite easily be sitting in 11th with three games to play.
We were 12 points ahead of St Johnstone before the Dundee United game.

13 minutes ago, btb said:

We won’t pick up another win under Robinson this season, players performance levels have dropped about 25% since Goodwin left.

Telling the players they weren’t wanted when we weren’t even safe was criminal and now he is relying on these players to keep us yet still throws them under the bus during interviews.

This is going to end badly.

58 minutes ago, McG said:

We won’t pick up another win under Robinson this season, players performance levels have dropped about 25% since Goodwin left.

Telling the players they weren’t wanted when we weren’t even safe was criminal and now he is relying on these players to keep us yet still throws them under the bus during interviews.

This is going to end badly.

Hope you are wrong but I fear the worse

Robinson must know that he’s made a rip roaring c**t of himself by telling players they have no future, whilst we had a very realistic chance of finishing top six. Of course the players have to shoulder much of the blame in terms of bottling it for the second season in a row, But you can’t help thinking that the players have downed tools especially the ones who thought they were going to be offered new deals. 

Robinson should have kept it in house and then maybe the players would have been more onside until we were at least safe from the relegation play off spot.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

There’s no realistic chance of us finishing 12th, even if we lose every remaining game i can’t see Dundee getting to 36 points - they’d have to win four of their remaining six games to get there and that ain’t happening.
11th is very much on, Saintees away will likely be our first game post split. If they win that then they will be three points behind us (assuming we both lose to the OF next week) with four games to play, they’ll also probably have a better GD. That’s a one game swing meaning we could quite easily be sitting in 11th with three games to play.
We were 12 points ahead of St Johnstone before the Dundee United game.

Not so much worried about Dundee catching us as to them being beatable in the post-split game.

Is Alnwick suspended for another game or what?

I'd really like big Peter back in the sticks for Elgin. Surprised Urminsky isn't already ahead of Lyness in the pecking order to be honest.

14 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Is Alnwick suspended for another game or what?

I'd really like big Peter back in the sticks for Elgin. Surprised Urminsky isn't already ahead of Lyness in the pecking order to be honest.

Alnwick's red card was for serious foul play which is usually a 2 game ban.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

For those with more money than sense...

Aberdeen v Ross Co...Draw

Hearts v Hibs...Home win

Livingston v Motherwell...Motherwell or Draw

St. Mirren v Rangers...Home win

Best odds 132.6/1 with BetFred.

3 of the 4 are possible.