The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Not really following Robinsons thinking. We had a working system - we were one of the form teams in the country and sitting 4th on PPG when our last manager left.
He kept the same system for his first game, then we got a player sent off inside 25 minutes and game plan out the window.
Then switches it up for Parkhead, a fair enough place to park the bus.
Why not go back to the working system today? His dropping of Fraser - one of our most consistent performers in the last two years - is strange too. In favour of Tait?
Robinson said he wasn’t going to rip it up in his early interviews. He was lying, he has. We wouldn’t have lost that game today under Goodwin.

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

No big surprise there’s been a drop off since the manager change really, what a run we were on.
A 1-0 defeat in Dingwall isn’t a surprise or a disaster in itself, but it’s not the kind of result we have been used to recently. The last time we lost to a team outside the top three was October, it’s now March.
Sounds like some knives are being sharpened already, if we lose at Dundee and Tynecastle in the next seven days they will be out.

I'd be happy to keep the knives away if Robinson does literally fucking anything to show he's watched any of our previous games this season.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Aberdeen are shite with Goodwin, we’re shite without him. Clearly, both clubs should agree a quick swap deal before Goodwin or Robinson do something daft like buy new houses or get their kids into new schools, and we can both crack on. Get it sorted Kibble / Fitzy / GLS / Needham / SMiSA / The Buddie Good Food Van…. whoever the fcuk calls the shots down there.

Bloody hell I get your disappointment mate Robison is just in the door a new manager coming in more often than not needs time to bed in the squad to his thinking. As for top six I can't see it . 

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Bloody hell I get your disappointment mate Robison is just in the door a new manager coming in more often than not needs time to bed in the squad to his thinking. As for top six I can't see it . 

IF he was taking on a side that was losing………..all he had to do was not break it.

15 minutes ago, Torfason said:

IF he was taking on a side that was losing………..all he had to do was not break it.

Yes we were on a wee run but  before that we were not. To come out and say the manager is shit after 3 games is just frustration.  Ross County won the match by a weak penalty there was nothing to separate the teams . Unless I'm dreaming and Elvis got a three nill score to Ross County correct.  

Jamieson scored again today for Clyde. Can we maybe swap Main for Lewis?

And no disgrace being beaten by County away. However the performance was atrocious and a system that was working has now been thrown out the window in spite of promises of 'small tweeks'.

5 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Yes we were on a wee run but  before that we were not. To come out and say the manager is shit after 3 games is just frustration.  Ross County won the match by a weak penalty there was nothing to separate the teams . Unless I'm dreaming and Elvis got a three nill score to Ross County correct.  

I didn’t say Robinson was shit. I said Aberdeen are shite with Goodwin, we are shite without him. It was kind of a joke, but if you list both Goodwin’s and Robinson’s results with their new clubs, then, well, you know, a quick swap could work for both of our clubs. 😎… new manager bounce theory my arse.

Maybe we should have appointed Robson, Robison, or whoever. Jeez, and as if my patter isn’t shite enough on here, you out-do me. 🤐

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I didn’t say Robinson was shit. I said Aberdeen are shite with Goodwin, we are shite without him. It was kind of a joke, but if you list both Goodwin and Robinson’s results with their new clubs, then, well, you know… new manager bounce theory my arse.

Maybe we should have appointed Robson, Robison, or whoever. Jeez, and as if my patter isn’t shite enough on here, you out-do me. 🤐

No one did, he made that up to enforce his point.

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Yes, we were poor playing a back 3/5. Goodwin finally changed it and results improved. New manager comes in and goes back to a back 3/5 and results change for the worse……………….who could have predicted that?

Robinson won't get a lot of patience from the fans unless he either ditches this formation, or starts winning with it. At the moment he's making mistakes we've already made, and taken us back to November, to something we've already seen fail. The fans won't stand for that, and fair or not, he's not going to get time if he persists with this formation and Curtis Main.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

Robinson won't get a lot of patience from the fans unless he either ditches this formation, or starts winning with it. At the moment he's making mistakes we've already made, and taken us back to November, to something we've already seen fail. The fans won't stand for that, and fair or not, he's not going to get time if he persists with this formation and Curtis Main.

Hes said after the game today that hes going to "put his own stamp on it" now, as up until now hes "just been doing what worked before" for the club.

You can take from that what you will.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes said after the game today that hes going to "put his own stamp on it" now, as up until now hes "just been doing what worked before" for the club.

Championship 23/24... See you there?

"I've come in and tried to just go along with what was there but now I have to go and try to put my stamp on it."

Truly ridiculous claim by Robinson. Is he trying to annoy the fans?

39 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's going to be a slog till May if Robeson continues with the current tactics - nobody knows the troubles we'll see.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Good to hear . 

57 minutes ago, Ric said:

"I've come in and tried to just go along with what was there but now I have to go and try to put my stamp on it."

Truly ridiculous claim by Robinson. Is he trying to annoy the fans?

I mean, I know we're living in a post-truth era - people seem able to spout demonstrably false stuff without consequences - but it doesn't make this any less infuriating.

This has honestly wound me up so much. Absolutely seething.