The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

Murray was way too inexperienced for the job when he took it. 

I'm surprised Aberdeen have taken Goodwin, but if we get £250k for Goodwin it's not bad business.

All things considered, if we get Goodwin's contact paid up and Jack Ross in to replace him, it's not a bad deal whatsoever.

I reserve the right to change that when we appoint Derek Adams or some other c**t.

Sad to see Goodwin go but if we get 250k plus Jack Ross I’m not that bothered. 

Goodwin leaving mid season like this isn’t great and it’s worse than the way Ross left if you ask me, Ross gets a lot of unwarranted stick after the job he done for us.

At least we can’t appoint Mark McGhee.

2 minutes ago, McG said:

Goodwin leaving mid season like this isn’t great ...

As I posted earlier, it's not all that bad really, we are safe from relegation, the window is closed so he can't take players with him and a good percent of the team is either signed up for next season or were loan deals due to end. Alnwick will likely rock up at Aberdeen, and rightly too, so much better than that hopeless flapper Lewis.

The back room team is what I'd be more interested in, if it's Goodwin alone then I think we've won a watch as it's clear our success is not down to Goodwin alone. If they want to take Sharpe and any others then that's just more money to be added.

25 minutes ago, McG said:

Goodwin leaving mid season like this isn’t great and it’s worse than the way Ross left if you ask me, Ross gets a lot of unwarranted stick after the job he done for us.

I dunno, we have a good, mostly balanced squad right now. My biggest beef with Ross was he did almost no work in terms of the squad for the following season. McGinn was a bright spot, but Jim Kellermann, FFS!

Its all in the past, though, and given that I don't want our season to go of the rails, Ross seems the best immediate option. The problem, of course, being that once you value yourself at a certain level, it's very difficult to take a step down. Unemployment might appear better to Jack Ross than taking a backwards step, in terms of club size and salary.

24 minutes ago, Ric said:

As I posted earlier, it's not all that bad really, we are safe from relegation, the window is closed so he can't take players with him and a good percent of the team is either signed up for next season or were loan deals due to end. Alnwick will likely rock up at Aberdeen, and rightly too, so much better than that hopeless flapper Lewis.

The back room team is what I'd be more interested in, if it's Goodwin alone then I think we've won a watch as it's clear our success is not down to Goodwin alone. If they want to take Sharpe and any others then that's just more money to be added.

That first paragraph is a bold statement.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Behave, I'd say it's all entirely factual.

Whilst we're looking OK in terms of relegation and it would require an almighty collapse, a couple of bad results and people might get the jitters. We should have enough in the tank to get over the line. 

5 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Looks like my hopes have been dashed Goodwin expected to sign for the Don's today that's a bitter pill to swallow. Ether give McManus a trial period or bring in a young hungry manager in Kevin Thomson.  

Your last few days on here has me more and more convinced you're trolling.

Kevin Thomson FFS. I'd have Ian Murray back before him.

Looks like my hopes have been dashed Goodwin expected to sign for the Don's today that's a bitter pill to swallow. Ether give McManus a trial period or bring in a young hungry manager in Kevin Thomson.  
Kevin fucking Thomson. Why ??? The guy is less than a year into his managerial career and that's in the bottom ring.