The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed but that being said, we've improved with a guy who will be starting every week and makes our first XI stronger.

Sorry, I didn't really mean fringe players, but realise that wasn't clear. More meant just making little tweaks to improve what we have, which we undoubtedly have done in this case.

Obviously it makes the windows more boring but holy hell it's a nice position to be in.

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Dennis and Reid. Queen's Park being linked with taking Dylan on loan.

Would be a good move for the lad.

I'd much rather he got a run in the first team, but perhaps I'm being overly ambitious with that.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm OK with it. He's still 16 and is well ahead on the development curve from what I've seen.

Needs to get game time and a promise of first team football very soon or he's off for peanuts dev fee at the end of his contract next summer.

27 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

Needs to get game time and a promise of first team football very soon or he's off for peanuts dev fee at the end of his contract next summer.

Is he definitely out of contract in the Summer? If so I agree its a strange one given the amount of clubs that we meant to be watching him.