The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

22 minutes ago, Ric said:

That said, if Dickson was an alias, fair play to whoever kept up that "long game".

Fucking hell, I remember that guy being a twat on the old Saints online guestbook, circa 98-99ish. So if the was an alias, that's commitment.

I'm pretty sure he is real, tbf.

41 minutes ago, Ric said:

I believe Dickson is a real person, at least there have been reports of his existence in the wild, as it were.

As for shull, would he need an alias, the lad is nigh on 60,000 posts and seems like the sort of person who would just say what they felt rather than needing to spin it through an alias.

That said, if Dickson was an alias, fair play to whoever kept up that "long game".

Shull has a handful of aliases on there. I understand he creates them when he's confined to the 'Sin Bin', but brings them out occasionally for trolling purposes. 😂 However, there have been a few folk on that forum who I'm convinced have pretended to be a Shull alias, too (link for those who can be bothered):

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50546-aliases-on-the-forum/page/2/#comment-1708502 

Edited by AlbionSaint

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I believe Dickson is a real person, at least there have been reports of his existence in the wild, as it were.

As for shull, would he need an alias, they have  nigh on 60,000 posts and seems like the sort of person who would just say what they felt rather than needing to spin it through an alias.

Shull has many many Alias.  

55 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fucking hell, I remember that guy being a twat on the old Saints online guestbook, circa 98-99ish. So if the was an alias, that's commitment.

I'm pretty sure he is real, tbf.

He is 100% real. He went to my school

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

He is 100% real. He went to my school

It could be someone masquerading as him. 😂 How hard would that be, in fact? Pick someone you know, register an account in their name and then act like an absolute dick. 

1 minute ago, Biscuits said:

When we gonna find out about Ayr game? Tickets? Pay at the gate?

I have a Thistle supporting mate and a couple of seasons or so ago some of my Saints supporting mates went with him to Somerset Park to watch the AU v PT game. 

They had to queue for ages at a portakabin to buy tickets so it's unlikely to be PATG.

Seeing as we're likely to take over 2000 to the game surely tickets will be available from the SM ticket office.

On 12/01/2022 at 07:48, McG said:

Club trying to get as much as they can for McGrath to go this window  and rightly so, when you see the likes of Moult going from Motherwell to Preston for 500k with 6 months remaining on his contract.

Aberdeen are also demanding a decent fee from Blackburn for Hedges to go this window…..

Just picked this post out to put some things straight.  1/ met you and  mate from up north wrecked out your heads in the wee barrow  you told me your a fireman right  ? Hopefully you remember.  I sent you my season ticket through the post to attend an old firm home game I would imagine you will remember me now . Did you watch Partick v  Killie tonight.  McIness you want as manager  Killie played utter crap you want to replace a *** playing crap football compared to Goodwin.  Granted that's a personal opinion . Anyway enjoy our weekend Hopefully it's quiet.  

44 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

When we gonna find out about Ayr game? Tickets? Pay at the gate?

Someone on BAWA has stated that they'll go on sale on Monday, but that you will not be able to pay at the gate. They will be e-tickets.

11 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Just picked this post out to put some things straight.  1/ met you and  mate from up north wrecked out your heads in the wee barrow  you told me your a fireman right  ? Hopefully you remember.  I sent you my season ticket through the post to attend an old firm home game I would imagine you will remember me now . Did you watch Partick v  Killie tonight.  McIness you want as manager  Killie played utter crap you want to replace a *** playing crap football compared to Goodwin.  Granted that's a personal opinion . Anyway enjoy our weekend Hopefully it's quiet.  

Were you a season ticket holder at Ibrox or Parkhead? 🤔

Edited by AlbionSaint

The whole point McG is who can work within the constraints of a tight budget.  McIness I'm not convinced. can.  Being a self employed chef who has to make a profit within budget I can tell you its not easy McIness will probably tell you the same after 6 months.  Give Goodwin time. 

34 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Not sure why you picked out a post where he's talking about maximising as much money as possible for McGrath to go on about why he's wrong for liking the idea of McInnes as manager.

Especially as its now a moot point anyway given he has a new club.

21 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The whole point McG is who can work within the constraints of a tight budget.  McIness I'm not convinced. can.  Being a self employed chef who has to make a profit within budget I can tell you its not easy McIness will probably tell you the same after 6 months.  Give Goodwin time. 

Is Derek McInnes training to be a chef?