The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Club trying to get as much as they can for McGrath to go this window  and rightly so, when you see the likes of Moult going from Motherwell to Preston for 500k with 6 months remaining on his contract.

Aberdeen are also demanding a decent fee from Blackburn for Hedges to go this window…..

1 hour ago, McG said:

Club trying to get as much as they can for McGrath to go this window  and rightly so, when you see the likes of Moult going from Motherwell to Preston for 500k with 6 months remaining on his contract.

Aberdeen are also demanding a decent fee from Blackburn for Hedges to go this window…..

Preston will have the cash to throw about, it's a drop in the ocean in terms of English money. I imagine Cormack would choke on his rowie at the thought of shelling out £500k for a player they can get in for free in 6 months.

Is it only Aberdeen, or have we managed to rope other clubs into this? Obvs a lot is down to where McGrath wants to go, and I would imagine Aberdeen is a higher profile than Preston if it's his international career he's thinking of, but some financial muscle from down South would be a nice addition to this situation.

Edit: I see the figure £350k being banded about by the media.

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Being told Saints want £350,000 from Aberdeen for McGrath . That will come down to whether Ryan Hedges going to Blackburn. If not they are happy to offer a pre-contract to McGrath. Personally I can't see Aberdeen paying out £350,000. Any other suitors  ? 

who is telling you?

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

What's that about ? 

it’s because i find your reply hilarious 😂 are dons season ticket holders told everything that’s going on in their club?

you read it in the paper/online and thought you’d post it as if you were in the know 😂 

away back to your drinks cabinet 🥃🥃🥃

2 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

it’s because i find your reply hilarious 😂 are dons season ticket holders told everything that’s going on in their club?

you read it in the paper/online and thought you’d post it as if you were in the know 😂 

away back to your drinks cabinet 🥃🥃🥃

Told you how I found out you don't believe me that's your perogative.  Or in other words what's the big deal.  If your getting wond up so easily put me on ignore.  

It's unfortunately out of saints hands at this point if he's already in talks with Aberdeen. Could tempt previous suiters to make a move and offer the asking amount now. 350k is buttons to English Championship teams. McGrath could well stall on a decision though, till end of the window whether he accepts the Aberdeen offer, so that he can hold out for any other offers south of the border. 

Look at Jake Doyle-Hayes for example looking like he was heading to Dundee Utd after days of negotiations, then he does a u-turn.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

No different to the Great Escape game in 2017.

Looking forward to this hopefully off work a day out to Somerset Park is always good day out.  Bumped into a former young employee wearing our away top. said I would take him to his first Saints game in Ayr should I be off.