The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

There are a few National League clubs trying to get us to part with Dennis !

He had a decent scoring record down there, heh... well decent compared to up here. Shame it's not worked out for him, but I'm sure his agent is running around with the "yeah, guv'nor the jock game is like pub football, all animals, mate, just unfortunate for the lad. So, what do we say, a nice 2 year deal back down in this 'green and pleasant' land"

11 minutes ago, billyg said:

There are a few National League clubs trying to get us to part with Dennis !

Doesn't surprise me, I still think there's a player in there, and he would clean up at that level. Probably more than a few clubs who could match our wages. But it's safe to say we won't miss him based on the game time he's getting and his scoring record.

I do think his injury troubles last season killed any momentum he might have had with us. He's just never quite got rolling properly.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's saying it's a PCA at this stage. They'll need to get that agreed, then potentially move on to seeing if we'll let him go early.

Spot on. It depends on how desperate Aberdeen want him. I feel once they get cash in for Ramsey or Hedges they will come in with a bid. 

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I do think his injury troubles last season killed any momentum he might have had with us. He's just never quite got rolling properly.

Getting sent off straight after we scored didn't do him any favours with Jim either. 

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Dennis is a far better player than both Main & Erwin. But I expect he will leave this window on loan to the end of the season. Same with Erwin which leaves us with Main. God help us if we don’t get at least one decent strike partner for Brophy. 

"Far better" in what way?

He needs to go now - shame it’s not down south but his form has dipped considerably and perhaps this has resulted in a move to Aberdeen. Bigger club for sure and better wages but playing at Pittodrie to crowds around 10k seems to lack ambition. That said the loss of formmight be the key factor

14 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Kennedy was reported to be returning to training around the first or second week of December.

You'll be looking forward to him having a run in your first team then? ;)

By the way Goodwin has chased the lad, I can only assume he's an amazing player.

Spoiler

Narrator: He was not an amazing player.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

You'll be looking forward to him having a run in your first team then? ;)

By the way Goodwin has chased the lad, I can only assume he's an amazing player.

Reveal hidden contents

Narrator: He was not an amazing player.

He hasn’t impressed me in an Aberdeen shirt. He has a bit of skill but a severe lack of speed means he hasn’t ever convinced me he’s going to be a genuine first team player.

4 hours ago, Biscuits said:

John Sutton - Hall of fame?? A lot more names deserving before him I would say. Nothing against him - always liked him as a player.

Agreed what's going on at our club since fan ownership its been down hill since SMISA took over. Silence is golden they say more players are worthy.  Was in St Mirren junior supporters late 60's early 70's travelling all over the country and then Europe in the 80's getting fed up with all the shit recently.  

On 09/01/2022 at 22:25, NorthBank said:

A load of pish but for amusement I'll repeat it. Someone on B&warmy stating the BoD are discussing replacing Goody with Ross and no transfer business will be conducted until that happens. Well Jan can be interesting down Paisley way. :)

That would be the final nail in the coffin for me . Would give up all my ties with the club . Used to go to the football with BillyG and Co, remember Billy some great times. Only tie left in Paisley for me is Saints wonder how this will play out season ticket, SMISA, SMTV, Car parking .