The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I like the inclusion of the Paisley pattern, but don't like how it is only on the black stripes. If the rest of the strip was embossed with the pattern and the stripes highlighted the embossing, then perhaps. Would no doubt increase the cost though. I note all the designs have no stripes on the back.

At first glance, @djchapsticks, option 1 looks like option 3. Am I an idiot and missing something obvious or have you posted option 1 twice?

47 minutes ago, Ric said:

At first glance, @djchapsticks, option 1 looks like option 3. Am I an idiot and missing something obvious or have you posted option 1 twice?

The socks are different and, I believe, the Paisley pattern itself is subtly different. It's basically the same, though.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

No stripes on the back can f**k off.

Integrating the Paisley Pattern into the shirt is an excellent idea but that design is badly implemented.

Is that to do with back of the shirt sponsorship & might it become a more regular feature.

I realize I'm probably in a minority but I'm not too bothered about the number of stripes or even alternate designs like half&half (Blackburn Rovers) as long as the colours remain.....

As I've said previously I'd kinda like a yin-yang design

Graphic T-Shirt

Edited by btb

Option 2 for me, best of a bad choice.

I like the idea of the paisley pattern but has been shitely implemented. Less shite strip choices and more communication on our Chairman being a moron would be appreciated from SMISA.

50 minutes ago, btb said:

Is that to do with back of the shirt sponsorship & might it become a more regular feature.

If that is the case, I don't mind it as much. At least the club would see some benefit from that... depending on who the sponsors are.

1 hour ago, btb said:

I realize I'm probably in a minority but I'm not too bothered about the number of stripes or even alternate designs like Half&half as long as the colours remain.....

As I've said previously I'd kinda like a yin-yang design

Graphic T-Shirt

Plain backed St Mirren shirts don’t need to become a more regular feature, they already are a regular feature, and have been for many years. There were plenty of plain-backed shirts from Xara and Hummel too. Clearly, it’s not the most important thing in the world, a St Mirren shirt. Seeing as how this is a fitba’ forum, the place for opinions on all things fitba’ - I feckin’ hate plain backed shirts for teams who wear stripes.

Edit to add: Does anyone, for even a single second, think Celtic would adopt a ‘plain back European style Celtic shirt’ as their main domestic shirt? Anyone who answers ‘yes, it could happen if it made the Magners logo and names and numbers easier to read’…. go take some tablets and lie down in a darkened room full of thrown tennis balls.

Edited by pozbaird

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Plain backed St Mirren shirts won’t become a more regular feature, they already are a regular feature, and have been for many years. There were plenty of plain-backed shirts from Xara and Hummel too. Clearly, it’s not the most important thing in the world, a St Mirren shirt. Seeing as how this is a fitba’ forum, the place for opinions on all things fitba’ - I feckin’ hate plain backed shirts for teams who wear stripes.

I knew it wouldn't be the first strip with a plain back but like I say I'm not too bothered bout the details of strip design, I'd like to keep the colours though even if it's just because I still like to bastardize the lyrics to Run, Run Away be Slade.

Maybe something Dashiki like for the away strip

S M L 1X 2X 3X Dashiki Men Boys African Shirt Summer Beach Top image 1

Edited by btb

8 minutes ago, btb said:

I knew it wouldn't be the first strip with a plain back but like I say I'm not too bothered bout the details of strip design, I'd like to keep the colours though even if it's just because I still like to bastardize the lyrics to Run, Run Away be Slade.

Maybe something Dashiki like for the away strip

S M L 1X 2X 3X Dashiki Men Boys African Shirt Summer Beach Top image 1

Like it. Digby Brown logo would spoil it though. 😎

3 hours ago, Ric said:

I like the inclusion of the Paisley pattern, but don't like how it is only on the black stripes. If the rest of the strip was embossed with the pattern and the stripes highlighted the embossing, then perhaps. Would no doubt increase the cost though. I note all the designs have no stripes on the back.

Paisley pattern is slightly different and there's a tiny flash of red through the pattern on option 3. Definitely not enough though to be considered 2 separate shirts though.

In fact, all 3 options this year are the exact same but with ever so slightly modified details. At least last year the choices did all seem to be unique.

I enjoy the annual strip meltdown among a section of our support as much as the next man. But it happening in November? Come on. This month we are meant to be moaning about the manager, the team and the refs.
Let’s save the strip moans for June, when we have nothing else to moan about.

17 minutes ago, Lex said:

I enjoy the annual strip meltdown among a section of our support as much as the next man. But it happening in November? Come on. This month we are meant to be moaning about the manager, the team and the refs.
Let’s save the strip moans for June, when we have nothing else to moan about.

Don't worry, apparently there is still an away and third strip to come, so we will still be able to laugh at actual grown men demanding resignations and quitting SMISA because the collar on a sweatshop t-shirt is "wrong".

To be fair, I think most of us are expressing our opinion on the strips without a meltdown.

I don't buy a strip, but I do appreciate it when we've got one that looks good.

Options 1 and 3 are hideous. Option 2 is pretty meh, so IMO would be the best choice.

I think BTB has it correct for the away strip, although he omitted the polo collar.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF