The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Well that was a wake up call yesterday. We played well midweek but never won, if we perform like we did yesterday more often than not then we will be dragged into a relegation battle.

We are allowed off days though, you can't play brilliant week in week out, especially without a couple of key guys in the middle. 

Looking at our bench when things aren't going for us, not good. Not many game changers. Relying on Tait to come on and change a game in our favour? 

Too many spaces in our squad taken up by players not contributing enough. Its tough for Dennis and Erwin as they are both 3rd and 4th choice but they haven't done much to show why the should be starting. Maybe a bit of movement in the January window is required.

I don't like saying this but Flynn and Power are too alike, id rather have Cammy with his energy, than Flynn, albeit Flynn is tidier on the ball but does that matter when we are hitting it side to side all the time? 

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nope, although Barcelona were invited in reciprocity for Saints being involved in the opening of their Les Cortes stadium.

they said no.

They didn't have a great side at the time to be fair, I understand their reluctance to come up against the likes of Billy Mehmet.

hxsbZqP.png

I guess the BBC ticker updates just as I took the screenshot, hence Goodwin sporting some woad.

It looks like P&B is going to embed the image far too small, but I'll set it as a hyperlink so clicking it should take you to a better resolution.

12 hours ago, Ric said:

hxsbZqP.png

I guess the BBC ticker updates just as I took the screenshot, hence Goodwin sporting some woad.

It looks like P&B is going to embed the image far too small, but I'll set it as a hyperlink so clicking it should take you to a better resolution.

I must be a daft buddie or my glass is half full. Will go for the latter thankfully.  

4 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Surprised by the lack of chat on our Chairman.  Equally surprised he’s still our Chairman. 

Not much to be said really as, let's be honest, we all know he shouldn't have made those tweets. As a private individual they were tasteless, but not in any way criminal. As a representative of the club, then it's pretty much a fair cop. He certainly represented a significant number of people's opinion on the trashing of the city by hooligans and criminals, but he should have been far more clever with his language.

It'll be interesting to see what the punishment is. I posted before that it's an interesting precedent being set, has any other club representative been brought up before the beaks in regard to social media posts? I don't think so, although there might be an obvious one I'm missing. It'll also be very interesting to see if they take in comments when he wasn't a representative of the club, that could prove a considerably more thorny legal case should they try that, and equally leave many others in the sport open to similar investigation.

Options for the new home kit vote are out and we're going a bit different.

I like the idea but i'd love to see option 2 with the pattern as black between the stripes to make it stand out as it's far too much white for my liking.

Options 1 and 3 are literally the same kit with slightly alternative patterns and a dash of red added.

Option 1.

image.thumb.png.6f14204ea5615f48670161a9a636fc94.png

Option 2:

image.thumb.png.bc5597aacb9de283f6aa887954ff1b55.png

Option 3:

image.thumb.png.9c93100d6f900ca2db6620bbb469b52e.png

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I like the idea but i'd love to see option 2 with the pattern as black between the stripes to make it stand out as it's far too much white for my liking.

Options 1 and 3 are literally the same kit with slightly alternative patterns and a dash of red added.

Option 1.

Option 2:

Option 3:

Are these for real from the club? Three shite options. No stripes on the back, and that amount of red simply screams ‘Dunfermline’. Stick a black ‘Digby Brown’ rectangle across the front of those and it makes it even worse. How difficult can it be. Really.

Where are these options being shown, on the club website? Two of the shirt ‘options’ are the same anyway, the only difference is do you want white or black shorts and socks. The only other difference is do you want the black stripes solid black, or with a Paisley pattern through them. 

Edited by pozbaird

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Option 1.

Option 2:

Option 3:

Only difference I can see between 1 and 3 are the socks, either top is pretty decent, option 2 will be back to the lederhosen we had when the sponsors name goes across the chest