The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 hours ago, Munoz said:
Poor options for those of us who don't like eating dead animal scrotums and brains.

Macaroni pie, vegan sausage roll not to your liking ?

Won't a macaroni pie have lard in the pastry,?

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I think Vagan Sheesh were twenty-third on the bill at Glastonbury in 1972.

Your getting mixed up Glastonbury has not been on for the last two years . Let's be honest your typing shite again. At least this time it was a short story so things are improving.  We'll done Poz. 

10 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Your getting mixed up Glastonbury has not been on for the last two years . Let's be honest your typing shite again. At least this time it was a short story so things are improving.  We'll done Poz. 

I aim to please.

IMG_6885.jpg

Been on the fringes of the team for a while, but got a decent amount of defensive cover now, especially when Dunne comes back. Be interesting to see how he gets on. Kelty running away with League 2.

Slightly strange move, that. Cruising to the league 2 title with Kelty is hardly going to give an indication of whether he's ready to step up next season, is it? On the plus side, he's not spending the season warming our bench, but if he's not troubling our first team when we're playing three CHs then when will he be?

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Slightly strange move, that. Cruising to the league 2 title with Kelty is hardly going to give an indication of whether he's ready to step up next season, is it? On the plus side, he's not spending the season warming our bench, but if he's not troubling our first team when we're playing three CHs then when will he be?

I think Jim and his staff will be thinking that the boy will benefit from a decent run of games, with a squad full of experienced players. 

He’s obviously not going to play regular for us, so best get him out on loan and playing first team football. Could go either way tbh. He might come back ready for the challenge at this level or he’ll move on if he’s not going to be involved.

I think Jim and his staff will be thinking that the boy will benefit from a decent run of games, with a squad full of experienced players. 
He’s obviously not going to play regular for us, so best get him out on loan and playing first team football. Could go either way tbh. He might come back ready for the challenge at this level or he’ll move on if he’s not going to be involved.

He’ll also have worked with Kevin Thomson before during his time in the Rangers youth set-up, which makes the move to Kelty more understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised when we took up our option to buy him at the end of the season. The couple of games he has played he looked totally out his depth. 
Maybe the loan will do him good but got to question why pay a fee and wages for a guy that isn’t going to threaten the first team this year. 

I was surprised when we took up our option to buy him at the end of the season. The couple of games he has played he looked totally out his depth. 
Maybe the loan will do him good but got to question why pay a fee and wages for a guy that isn’t going to threaten the first team this year. 
Totally agree. Any time I've saw him he's an accident waiting to happen. Must be showing something in training that I haven't seen.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

International break coming at the wrong time possibly for us (cliche #1) but a win at Dingwall would leave us in a very healthy position. Hard fought win today with the players looking a lot more comfortable in the favoured formation. Power and Ethan both good again today and they are a platform to allow McGrath and The Barbarian to be more expressive going forward. All starting to come together nicely.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The Ali de Foy interview with Matt Miller on SMTV covering topics like marmite, castles and Ethan's dress sense is quite a tonic to the usual boring footballer interview. More of those please! What a nice guy too; can't be easy for him in a new place with his partner and family back in Australia.