The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Subs were all wrong for me yesterday but that's the managers call. He has lost players he wanted due to budget constraints which will continue unfortunately until we can up our income.  Booooing is an individual choice personally for me it only makes matters worse if fans don't think boooing affects players then they never will understand.  

I’d disagree on the budget element. He’s brought in a number of players, all of his choice. I don’t see his hands being significantly tied behind his back on that one.

1 minute ago, aldo_j said:

I’d disagree on the budget element. He’s brought in a number of players, all of his choice. I don’t see his hands being significantly tied behind his back on that one.

I got the impression he wanted to keep Hay's, Drumus, Connolly.  If we get two pacy players in it will help.  Keeping 11 players on the park is important.  Getting perfectly good goals chopped off is depressing the club should be making noises about this. That goal would have given us three points yesterday.  

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Last three games we have had a player sent off in each game that's very concerning. Last two games we have had perfectly good goals chopped off due to bad refs .  Is Mrs Fate going to give us a bad season. Last seasons hero Jim Goodwin fast becoming the point the finger and blame culprit.  Seen this all to many times in the past it will soon lead to players being shouted at on the park . That leads to confidence seeping out the team that ends up struggling.  Did I hear booooing as our players walked off the park yesterday.  Its all building up to a c**t of a season 4 games in. 

Sometimes we have the most abusive fans towards our players in the country. Thats how it feels sometimes being surrounded by angry punters.....4 games into a season may I add.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Been reading online Middlesborough will come in with a bid for McGrath.  Goodwin was hoping to have a signing this morning fingers crossed its still on. 

It's either true or his agent is throwing more names out there to make something happen.

The delay is beyond frustrating. I hope it doesn't happen now because it's too late in the window. We're going to need all the quality we can possibly keep this season.

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's either true or his agent is throwing more names out there to make something happen.

The delay is beyond frustrating. I hope it doesn't happen now because it's too late in the window. We're going to need all the quality we can possibly keep this season.

Goodwin claims to have a contingency plan if McGrath does move on. I'll be very surprised if this plan/ player turns out to be a better option than McGrath. 

Just now, Munoz said:

Goodwin claims to have a contingency plan if McGrath does move on. I'll be very surprised if this plan/ player turns out to be a better option than McGrath. 

He’s been saying this for six weeks - some lad waiting for saints to come in for him. As stated lose Jamie now is a disaster. We won’t replace like for like at the best of times but certainly not now 

3 hours ago, Munoz said:

Kiltie is the contingency plan, is he not?

Can't help but feel this is all set up for Jim's comments in the press to come back and bite him on the arse again. 

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I got the impression he wanted to keep Hay's, Drumus, Connolly.  If we get two pacy players in it will help.  Keeping 11 players on the park is important.  Getting perfectly good goals chopped off is depressing the club should be making noises about this. That goal would have given us three points yesterday.  

All three were offered new contracts, seems like Durmus was always leaving, Connolly kept us hanging and for JDH, we know that one dragged out from the turn of the year with the offer on the table.

Tanser has given us delivery that Durmus possibly offered, though we haven't replaced the qualities of Connolly and Durmus, in terms of a player who can run with the ball and cause problems to the defence.

We are not going to have similar players if we persist with the wingback roles rather than a 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 or a 4-5-1 with an attacking prong wide men.

Not had enough of Power on the park to see if he will replace the void left by JDH. blockquote widgetblockquote widget

2 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

Was my first thought as well. 

Although, he doesn't score goals, so maybe a Doyle-Hayes replacement.

He's certainly got experience with his season long loans in Slovakia and Switzerland.

Club desperate to get Jamie sold. Sadly we all knew he’d go. Absolutely nailed on undisclosed in the media which means 300k tops. The contingency will be interesting? I feel a tad sad that we will lose our star man and replace him with a loanee who will likely be nowhere near as good too. Anyhow the team is in trouble  as they don’t score goals nor do they look like scoring from open play. Second half yesterday was terrible.