The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

17 hours ago, GAD said:

Heard the same tonight, he's on a serious wedge though and Aberdeen wanted more than we could afford in the end. Shite for Kennedy, but I'm sure one of the teams that took a bigger loan from the SG will stump up this week.

On serous money plus they tried to pull a fly 1 at the last minute, I’m sure folk will work it out.

53 minutes ago, McG said:

On serious money plus they tried to pull a fly 1 at the last minute, I’m sure folk will work it out.

So they'll be paying through the nose for a player who will effectively sitting on the side lines.

They must have money to burn.

You'd have thought that they'd be keen to get a decent wage off their payroll.

Although maybe that will happen in the next couple of days.

To give our ‘problems’ a bit of context. Two results today from teams I’ve always regarded as fairly similar to us in terms of fan base and potential:
Dunfermline 0-3 Arbroath
Falkirk 0-1 Queens Park
It could certainly be worse.

Jim saying we are looking to bring in 1 or 2 before the window closes, based on our league start 2 is the absolute minimum we need.
Hopefully one of those is a manager who actually wants to attack, entertain the fans and score goals.

For three seasons now we've failed to address our lack of attacking threat. That all boils down to recruitment and the manager.

So much for his early comments about wanting to play with a certain style and flair. Absolute nonsense.

2 hours ago, BC17 said:

Hopefully one of those is a manager who actually wants to attack, entertain the fans and score goals.

For three seasons now we've failed to address our lack of attacking threat. That all boils down to recruitment and the manager.

So much for his early comments about wanting to play with a certain style and flair. Absolute nonsense.

Is Brophy not cutting it?

Is Brophy not cutting it?

I’m sure there’s a wind-up angle here, but he’s hardly had a chance created for him. Victim of hoofball being employed by the manager, more than anything.

it will take at least 3 or 4 very good signings and a drastic change in Goodwin’s approach to how he sets up the team, for any improvement.

What we were subjected to this afternoon would get football stopped. No width no midfield and no service to the strikers. 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

it will take at least 3 or 4 very good signings and a drastic change in Goodwin’s approach to how he sets up the team, for any improvement.

What we were subjected to this afternoon would get football stopped. No width no midfield and no service to the strikers. 

And no away fans. Not one. What a muddle. We went in disguise with Juventus tops. :P

Last three games we have had a player sent off in each game that's very concerning. Last two games we have had perfectly good goals chopped off due to bad refs .  Is Mrs Fate going to give us a bad season. Last seasons hero Jim Goodwin fast becoming the point the finger and blame culprit.  Seen this all to many times in the past it will soon lead to players being shouted at on the park . That leads to confidence seeping out the team that ends up struggling.  Did I hear booooing as our players walked off the park yesterday.  Its all building up to a c**t of a season 4 games in. 

11 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Last three games we have had a player sent off in each game that's very concerning. Last two games we have had perfectly good goals chopped off due to bad refs .  Is Mrs Fate going to give us a bad season. Last seasons hero Jim Goodwin fast becoming the point the finger and blame culprit.  Seen this all to many times in the past it will soon lead to players being shouted at on the park . That leads to confidence seeping out the team that ends up struggling.  Did I hear booooing as our players walked off the park yesterday.  Its all building up to a c**t of a season 4 games in. 

I don’t think there was booing of the players, I think the frustration was directly aimed at Goodwin and for good reason. 0-0 is what you’d expect playing 6 defenders plus Ethan, who’s not exactly famed for being forward thinking. Ethan wasn’t having a good day. Goodwin completely stubborn and didn’t change it.

He just made like for like changes too, but what use was that when you still don’t get the ball forward? 

Edited by aldo_j

4 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I don’t think there was booing of the players, I think the frustration was directly aimed at Goodwin and for good reason. 0-0 is what you’d expect playing 6 defenders plus Ethan, who’s not exactly famed for being forward thinking. Ethan wasn’t having a good day. Goodwin completely stubborn and didn’t change it.

He just make like for like changes, but what use was that when you still don’t get the ball forward? 

Subs were all wrong for me yesterday but that's the managers call. He has lost players he wanted due to budget constraints which will continue unfortunately until we can up our income.  Booooing is an individual choice personally for me it only makes matters worse if fans don't think boooing affects players then they never will understand.