The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Best looking home strip in a long time. Stripes on back, red names, numbers, even sponsor logos. Job well done. Cracker.

B994B68B-806E-477C-988C-550CB90699FE.jpeg

There’s definitely a skyview logo under there isn’t there?

I’ve only made maybe three or four posts recently querying the fact that Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers 2012 all asked for, and got, more fans approved for games, and queried what St Mirren might do. Wasn’t the level 0 baseline figure 2000? Have I got this right, 2000 fans wasn’t it?

Why isn’t there 2000 at the Partick game. Happy to be pointed in the right direction if I’ve misread the 2000 situation.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

I’ve only made maybe three or four posts recently querying the fact that Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers 2012 all asked for, and got, more fans approved for games than the baseline announced figure - wasn’t that 2000? Have I got this right, 2000 wasn’t it?

Why isn’t there 2000 at the Partick game. Happy to be pointed in the right direction if I’ve misread the 2000 situation.

I’ve only made maybe three or four posts recently querying the fact that Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers 2012 all asked for, and got, more fans approved for games, and queried what St Mirren might do. Wasn’t the level 0 baseline figure 2000? Have I got this right, 2000 fans wasn’t it?
Maybe something to do with the Main stand? I'm not sure.

It is baffling.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Maybe something to do with the Main stand? I'm not sure.

It is baffling.

Maybe something to do with ‘this is St Mirren we’re talking about’. Harsh? Happy to retract if I’m given a damn good reason why there aren’t at least 2000 in a Level 0, outdoor seated stadium situation. The fcuking place holds about 8,000. Need a new Ali Defoy video… ‘we really, really, really, value your support, stick with us, we’ll stop fcuking things up really, really, really soon.’

2000 fans should be in without question.

The clubs explanation of the council saying 1039 was maximum to allow distancing can get itself so far to f**k. They managed to comfortably get more than 20% of Parkhead in last night so there's no way their excuse that they could not have done so with current distancing can do one.

We need to grow a fucking set and not take this shite from the council. 

On reflection, we should just have 500 fans again. In facemasks. Outdoors. In summer. In an 8000ish capacity stadium. Told to come at staggered times. You cannot be too safe. It’s still too early. We must remain cautious. Oh, by the way - congratulations once more to Sevco on your first title earlier this year….

68C61EF8-9571-4DCD-B46B-324C9E454E73.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

58 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Why the mistrust for the way that the club is handling this? 

We clearly don't have the full picture.  

The club need the revenue, it's not like they wouldn't try and get more fans allowed in, is it?  

Those that can't get in will purchase ppv so income is still there. Obviously its not the clubs fault agree with you. But the correspondence from the club is poor yet again. The 500 who got into the Dunfermline game are back in the ballot for the Thistle game which is a poor decision also. Going by the season ticket announcement today regarding public sale  the holding of seat numbers for last season  season tickets holders suggest not all have renewed yet. Can't imagine there is an incentive for fans to renew who have not done so thus far.  Edit forgot this game is live so no ppv for home fans. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

On 20/07/2021 at 20:24, sergie's no1 fan said:

Here's one for@randomguy I've noticed Tanser take a lot of corners and set pieces for us in his first couple of games. Did he assist much from set pieces for the Perth Saints?

No. He barely assisted anything really, crossing looked good but it's just because his technique is good, really, half the time he hit the spot where nobody was because he'd been clattered earlier and was more interested in avoiding any tackles coming in. Only threat was direct free kicks, and even then he scored maybe 2 from 10+.

Nice to see him confirm this morning he can't cope with any competition for his spot aswell. Was always rumoured he was a quivering wreck who needs told 24/7 he's the best player going and is guaranteed first choice, and now this morning he admits he was told he'd have to fight with Booth to start next season and wanted out straight away because of that 😂

Unfortunately, you have to assume that the 1039 figure will remain for the Hearts league game on the 7th. Many might have to wait until the 28th (St Johnstone) to get back in the ground. (If we progress in the League Cup though and get a home tie then that'll be on the 14th/15th).

Fingers crossed the club can persuade the authorities to increase numbers for Hearts.

Those who have attended a previous home game, while numbers are restricted, should not be included in the ballot until all season ticket holders have been offered the chance to attend a game. I’m not arsed particularly about the cup games this early, I’d far rather go to the Hearts game as first home game and with increased numbers I would hope. My chances of success in the ballot are probably same rate as my success in the SMiSA fan-ownership prize draws, 0.

I suspect the new system we have in place for tickets is probably too hopeless to cope with conditional statements for removing tickets from ballots given we had to enter all our details.

No idea why you’re all having a go at the club about this. Not their decision to make. End of the day Renfrewshire Council have told us how many fans we are allowed in - what do you expect the club to do? Just ignore them?

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

No idea why you’re all having a go at the club about this. Not their decision to make. End of the day Renfrewshire Council have told us how many fans we are allowed in - what do you expect the club to do? Just ignore them?

The main stand is closed to fans. Why not move subs, officals, press to one half of the stand letting more fans in the other half.  

The main stand is closed to fans. Why not move subs, officals, press to one half of the stand letting more fans in the other half.  

Again probably not our decision to make. I’m sure the board and the management would want as many fans in as possible but we have no choice.