The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Have to agree. Another winger would be good. 

It's probably my want for this squad. Someone who is attacking and swings the ball in would be ideal. I know Jim likes 3-5-2 which seems to be the 'in formation' in some quarters, but I'd like if we can change it up if required. 

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

That video's dimensions are so big that by the time you've scrolled to the top after pressing play, the ball's already in the net!

It was sent to my WhatsApp. Not sure how to reduce the size of if.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

Stop all this negativity CS, are you Elvis in disguise.😆

Ha, I didn't mean that to be negative. I just think we misused Durmus quite badly, and he did very well in the circumstances. I can't see that being made to play wingback is that appealing for a pure attacking winger.

I'm not a huge fan of the back 3, but Jim is fairly wedded to it and he knows much more than I do about this sort of thing.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Ha, I didn't mean that to be negative. I just think we misused Durmus quite badly, and he did very well in the circumstances. I can't see that being made to play wingback is that appealing for a pure attacking winger.

I'm not a huge fan of the back 3, but Jim is fairly wedded to it and he knows much more than I do about this sort of thing.

I’d agree on the back 3 I’m not a fan at all. I would be shocked and surprised if we don’t see at least 2 more signings before the league opener. We definitely need a replacement for Durmus.

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What was in the original version?

I didn't know we were referring to our players by Christian name so I thought Lee was one of Ayr's players - and was calling it a close-season crisis for us!

16 minutes ago, btb said:

I didn't know we were referring to our players by Christian name so I thought Lee was one of Ayr's players - and was calling it a close-season crisis for us!

I ripped up my season ticket.*

* Deleted my auto-saved card details from the TV platform.

Final warm up game last night Saints 3 Ayr 1 simlour to Saturday with two squads getting a runout first and second half. 3 of our young players will be put out on loan Goodwin said. No mention of any new players inbound.  Plenty crosses were put into the box first and second half said Goodwin on that doubt we will see a winger coming in.  Cup Saturday COYS.