The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

It’s a shame Erhahon missed the Scottish cup semi final. Would have been good to see him and McCann up against each other.

Glad we didn’t see that. McCann is a superstar - didn’t you hear? When people talk about the best players in the world the usual names mentioned are Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and McCann.

32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Saints B at home to Kelty in the 1st round of whatever the Challenge Cup is called these days.

If they win they'll be away to Livingston B or Albion Rovers in Round  2.

Still the Challenge Cup, although it's sponsored by Irn Bru rather than those tory fuckers Tunnocks.

15 minutes ago, Ric said:

I knew Irn Bru were the new sponsors, didn't realise they had changed the name again, seems odd considering the last time they sponsored it was called the Irn Bru Cup, you'd think they'd revert to that.

Still, less Tunnocks the better.

Irn Bru don't have any involvement at all, it's sponsored by the SPFL Trust this season?

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nope, I went and looked it up.

It's now the SPFL Trust Trophy.

3 minutes ago, Div said:

Irn Bru don't have any involvement at all, it's sponsored by the SPFL Trust this season?

Yeah, f**k knows where I was getting that from. 🤪

Dumbarton F.C. match v St.Mirren Announcement
PREMIER SPORTS CUP - HOME MATCH ADMISSION
Monday 5th July 2021
WITH pre-season now over, attention switches to our two Premier Sports Cup home sectional ties against St Mirren on Saturday, July 10 and Stenhousemuir on Tuesday, July 13.
The following prices have been agreed for admission and streaming for the two matches:
Adult admission £12
Concessions (over-65s, under-16s and students - ID required) £6
Match streaming £12
Attendance at the matches will be open to season ticket holders in the first instance, although as is the norm, season tickets alone are not valid for admission to these games.
To purchase a ticket please firstly make your payment using any of the methods below. Then email safety officer Jacqui Sibbald at jsibbald.dfc@gmail.com with your name and address so you can be added to the list for the game(s) you are attending.
Methods for payment are:
- By BACS to our account - sort code 80-06-41, account number 00348003
- By Paypal to office@dumbartonfc.co.uk
- Call us on 01389 762569 during office hours (Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9.30am to 1.30pm) to allow us to take payment by card
Tickets will not be available to purchase at the stadium on the days of the matches.
You will then be provided with a turnstile number, entry slot, and conditions of entry.
The deadlines to register for each match are:
St Mirren - Wednesday, July 7 at 3pm
Stenhousemuir - Friday, July 9 at 3pm
After each of those deadlines, any remaining seats at our stadium will go on general sale to home fans only.
We will advise in due course when live streams of the two matches can be purchased. If you have any queries then please contact us using the details above.
Many thanks for your continued support and we hope to see you at the two games.
Dumbarton Football Club

I reckon that's probably our opening day starting XI there, with the possible exception of Tait/Fraser at RWB for Henderson, and assuming Ethan doesn't get sold.
Still not seeing a whole lot of creativity though. Probably a bit worse off minus Durmus in that respect.

Main and Brophy could cause a bit of bother I suppose.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Still not seeing a whole lot of creativity though. Probably a bit worse off minus Durmus in that respect.

I might be mistaken, but I'm think it was Tanser who pinged in a perfect cross for Brophy's first goal on Saturday.

Edited by FTOF

21 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Have to agree. Another winger would be good.