The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

12 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Since leaving st mirren for Sunderland Jack Ross has signed 38 odd Saints staff. 

We all know we're a fuking marvellous club, but his constant return to us for players and non playing staff highlights his lack of contacts. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Since leaving st mirren for Sunderland Jack Ross has signed 38 odd Saints staff. 

Hahahaha! He’s not! If he’s signed that many between him leaving and now then Josh Heaton must be playing for them.

13 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Hahahaha! He’s not! If he’s signed that many between him leaving and now then Josh Heaton must be playing for them.

Count them up and tell us how many then.  It's not 38 but have a wee count up. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Count them up and tell us how many then.  It's not 38 but have a wee count up. 

Fowler, Samson, some sorta analyst, the kit man, Paul McGinn, Magennis, JDH. Not counting Stephen McGinn as we’d freed him.

Might be one or two more from a back room perspective, but can’t think of any other players. Happy to be corrected, but it’s definitely miles away from 38.

It's meant to be but considering we've not heard anything since and the sponsor issue I'm doubting it. 

I feel no matter what we'll end up with a huge stickered sponsor put over the imprinted skyview one but here's hoping not. 

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Fowler, Samson, some sorta analyst, the kit man, Paul McGinn, Magennis, JDH. Not counting Stephen McGinn as we’d freed him.

Might be one or two more from a back room perspective, but can’t think of any other players. Happy to be corrected, but it’s definitely miles away from 38.

McGinn counts as he's a former St. Mirren employee.

As does Stevie Mallan, as does Lewis Morgan who he loaned in from Celtic for Sunderland, as does John Potter.

Is it just me, but in that image Erhahon could really do with bulking up. He's young, sure, but he seems as gangly as he was a few years back. You feel a bit more beef on the lad would pay dividends considering the position/style he plays.

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

McGinn counts as he's a former St. Mirren employee.

As does Stevie Mallan, as does Lewis Morgan who he loaned in from Celtic for Sunderland, as does John Potter.

Forgot about Morgan to Sunderland - did he say something about them and their fans kicked off?

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

Is it just me, but in that image Erhahon could really do with bulking up. He's young, sure, but he seems as gangly as he was a few years back. You feel a bit more beef on the lad would pay dividends considering the position/style he plays.

Thought that as well but more like he’s got the start of a beer belly. 

52 minutes ago, Bgsaint said:

Thought that as well but more like he’s got the start of a beer belly. 

I like the look of the away kit but if it can make a 20 year old professional footballer appear like he has a beer belly, it certainly won’t help this 50 year old look athletic when playing 5ves. 

We as a fanbase actually fucking voted for that away shirt. :lol: That's the most boring shirt I've ever seen. 

Home top is a beauty though. It looks even better with a black sponsor as the poll option had it with a white one.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Have you seen Spurs' home shirt for the forthcoming season?

Loud and clear. Save for a black flash under the arms, it's the 2nd most boring.

Perhaps the short sleeved version will save it as I remember it was suppose to have B&W trim around the sleeves? At least that would be something to distinguish it from being a total teamwear effort.