The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That's weird, I genuinely thought he'd be the guy sitting. To be fair, Jim loves that solid platform of two so maybe it'll work ok.

Nah, that's not his game. He's very much an aggressive, hard tackling number 8 and not so much a disciplined 6.

Nah, that's not his game. He's very much an aggressive, hard tackling number 8 and not so much a disciplined 6.
We're going to mis-use him. You heard it here first.
Maybe we have a disciplined 6 lined up or trying to get as well? Allow Power and the disciplined 6 to play together with the young team and Flynn on the bench?

Crazy to think I'm just over an hours time John McGinn will be going in a direct head to head battle with one of the best midfielders in the world in a potentially historic game for our national team.

Makes you feel very proud seeing him go toe to toe with super stars. Just a shame Kenny didn't make it too.

Mon the meatball.

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Crazy to think I'm just over an hours time John McGinn will be going in a direct head to head battle with one of the best midfielders in the world in a potentially historic game for our national team.

Makes you feel very proud seeing him go toe to toe with super stars. Just a shame Kenny didn't make it too.

Mon the meatball.

There are some fans who stop caring about players when they move on. I'm not one of them: it makes me incredibly happy seeing McGinn holding his own on such a  big stage.

26 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

There are some fans who stop caring about players when they move on. I'm not one of them: it makes me incredibly happy seeing McGinn holding his own on such a  big stage.

I suppose it depends on the player. 

Meatball was always going to be a special one for us. Blew us all away after seeing him play against Dumbarton in a friendly when he was about 16. Couldn't even begrudge him his move to Hibs, same when McLean went to Aberdeen.

Fair play to Hibs they kicked him onto another level and Villa have propelled him even further. Should have scored last night though [emoji1785].

Any Buds want to write as a Saints fan for 442 magazine.  A & Q whats your hope's for this season - last season thoughts - player thoughts. That sort of thing. If you would like to do it pm your e-mail to me and I will forward the 442 e-mail . 

21 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Can't say I've ever given many players a second thought after they leave us.

Fair fucks to you though, mate. Following Dougie Imrie's career after he left us must've been a tough one.

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Meatball was always going to be a special one for us. Blew us all away after seeing him play against Dumbarton in a friendly when he was about 16. Couldn't even begrudge him his move to Hibs, same when McLean went to Aberdeen.

Fair play to Hibs they kicked him onto another level and Villa have propelled him even further. Should have scored last night though emoji1785.png.

I remember him playing at a great level when he was at St.Mirren. And I don’t remember his level being any higher when he was at Hibs. 

I remember him playing at a great level when he was at St.Mirren. And I don’t remember his level being any higher when he was at Hibs. 
Totally agree. He was excellent with us. Didn't see him any differently at Hibs.

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Any Buds want to write as a Saints fan for 442 magazine.  A & Q whats your hope's for this season - last season thoughts - player thoughts. That sort of thing. If you would like to do it pm your e-mail to me and I will forward the 442 e-mail . 

Sounds like a job for @Cairters Corner

31 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
35 minutes ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

Totally agree. He was excellent with us. Didn't see him any differently at Hibs.

McGinn was no different at Hibs to the player who came through our youth system. His level went up when he went to Aston Villa.