The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Goodwin will hopefully get a lengthy touchline ban or a large fine for this outburst.

Accusing Jamie Murphy of diving when neither Fraser or any other St Mirren player complained at the time.

Twat.

Completely wrong.

3 hours ago, Yorky said:

Really Goodwin. His comments after the laughable Erwin dive last month. Don’t remember any “ Naming and shaming” from him.

It seems like you may not have actually viewed the incident from behind the goals. Erwin takes a bit of clumsy touch, moves his leg to retain control, Mugabe then takes that foot away from him with a kick. As can be seen here.

To somehow claim someone kicking the leg where a person's weight was being transferred to is the same as people's legs collapsing beneath them when there is contact on their shoulder is nonsense.

Really Goodwin. His comments after the laughable Erwin dive last month. Don’t remember any “ Naming and shaming” from him.

St Mirren manager Jim Goodwin: "Motherwell started the game much brighter. We struggled with their set plays in the first half. Unfortunately, that's where the goal comes from.

"Second half we were a lot more like ourselves and deservedly got a point in the end. At the time, I thought it was a penalty."

Scott MacDonald made a living doing exactly the same thing. Well fans lapped it up.

It happens at every game and every team does it, they are all out trying to con the refs. Its rotten but sadly it's part of the game now.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Completely wrong.

You might want to review the match coverage. Wry smile from Fraser as he walked away booked. No player complaints.

None. Nada. Zero. Does that generally happen when a player has cheated the ref?

He should accept that some decisions go for you, some against you - and not try to influence future refereeing of another teams player.

His outburst shows a lack of class.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You might want to review the match coverage. Wry smile from Fraser as he walked away booked. No player complaints.

None. Nada. Zero. Does that generally happen when a player has cheated the ref?

He should accept that some decisions go for you, some against you - and not try to influence future refereeing of another teams player.

His outburst shows a lack of class.

Murphy dived, it's a shame you are unable to accept that.

Your rebuttal isn't to look at the incident but to try and draw some sort of conclusion from Fraser's response. That is indeed telling.

Saints players issue is that our diving attempts are so bad that we can't even con the clown in the middle, most of the time. The Taylor dive on Wednesday was embarrassing, Murphy has a long standing reputation of diving. He didn't waste any time in throwing himself to the deck as soon as Fraser got close to him. He dived as well.

Saints players are too nice this season (although we've had a number of pish red cards), the only rammy of sort I can remember was when Rangers players charged to get the ball after their equaliser in the cup and place the ball in the centre circle to allow us to go up the park and pump them out the cup. Every Saints players on the park Wednesday night should have been in the face of Taylor calling him every name under the sun. 

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

It seems like you may not have actually viewed the incident from behind the goals. Erwin takes a bit of clumsy touch, moves his leg to retain control, Mugabe then takes that foot away from him with a kick. As can be seen here.

To somehow claim someone kicking the leg where a person's weight was being transferred to is the same as people's legs collapsing beneath them when there is contact on their shoulder is nonsense.

I take it you chose to avoid the Sportscene view of the incident that showed Mugabi didn't take Erwin's foot away.

"The more you look at it his foot is side by side there with Erwin's foot as opposed to coming through the back of it".

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I take it you chose to avoid the Sportscene view of the incident that showed Mugabi didn't take Erwin's foot away.

"The more you look at it his foot is side by side there with Erwin's foot as opposed to coming through the back of it".

🤣

You mean the three ex professionals were right and a guy in his jammies posting on P&B is talking lillian gish?

Laughed at the bit where Erwin is alleged to have told Goodwin he "felt contact" so thats all cool apparently.

But hes a "Guid Honest Laddie" (has to be said in a John Hughes accent tbf..........)

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

g1W7z5u.gif

Erwin, clearly off balance, has his foot taken away by Mugabe's attempt to play the ball. The foot where his body weight was being transferred to.

Just to clarify there are two things here, one is it a dive which seems to be the contentious element here and whether it's a penalty.

For me, it's not a dive, certainly nowhere near the touch on the shoulder resulting in legs collapse of Taylor.

Now, it might surprise you that I also don't think it's a penalty. Erwin put himself into a position where he was off balance on not in control of the ball and Mugabe was just a bit clumsy.

4 hours ago, Yorky said:

St Mirren manager Jim Goodwin: "Motherwell started the game much brighter. We struggled with their set plays in the first half. Unfortunately, that's where the goal comes from.

"Second half we were a lot more like ourselves and deservedly got a point in the end. At the time, I thought it was a penalty."

Where did Erwin learn this craft of cheating

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Not really, I have just had a shower and am now in my jeans.

You should try it. Clears the mind of daft theories..........

hth

Jeans? Pfft!

I consider P&B to be such top tier banter that I get my butler to lay out a top hat and tails before I post on here.

Just now, Ric said:

Jeans? Pfft!

I consider P&B to be such top tier banter that I get my butler to lay out a top hat and tails before I post on here.

Needed to try them on to see if they still fitted.......................

Lockdown has been a harsh mistress

monty python GIF by Head Like an Orange

40 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Scott MacDonald made a living doing exactly the same thing. Well fans lapped it up.

It happens at every game and every team does it, they are all out trying to con the refs. Its rotten but sadly it's part of the game now.

Of course it is, we all know that. Which is why you either accept that’s the way it is and get on with it or as Goodwin states name and shame. The problem is he then also needs to name and shame his own players when they do the same thing, he can’t have one rule for his own players and one for everyone else and unless St Mirren supporters can give examples of him also doing that his statement is nonsense.

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

g1W7z5u.gif

Erwin, clearly off balance, has his foot taken away by Mugabe's attempt to play the ball. The foot where his body weight was being transferred to.

Just to clarify there are two things here, one is it a dive which seems to be the contentious element here and whether it's a penalty.

For me, it's not a dive, certainly nowhere near the touch on the shoulder resulting in legs collapse of Taylor.

Now, it might surprise you that I also don't think it's a penalty. Erwin put himself into a position where he was off balance on not in control of the ball and Mugabe was just a bit clumsy.

Thanks for posting a gif that shows Mugabi's foot doesn't go through the back of Erwin.

Just now, capt_oats said:

Thanks for posting a gif that shows Mugabi's foot doesn't go through the back of Erwin.

Even the Sportscene video shows him making that contact, what's interesting is it's the frame directly before the one they choose to freeze frame when Erwin's foot has been kicked and Mugabi's foot has moved on due to momentum.

However, I said at the time I didn't think it was a penalty (for the reasons I stated above), and it's telling that it's the official on the side that called it not Madden.

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Lockdown has been a harsh mistress

monty python GIF by Head Like an Orange

You and me both, it's highly disappointing putting on a belt only for you to not even reach the first buckle hole. I cannot wait until the spring/summer and an easing in lockdown so I can shed some of this weight.