The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Personally I think the wheels are falling off the wagon now. I’ve got no confidence in this team without McGrath pulling the strings. We’ve got absolutely nobody else who can do the job he does for this team.

Maybe someone else will take their chance while he’s out recovering but I’m not holding my breath.

We have a strong enough squad to get us through this. Expect to see the big German striker tomorrow.  

Edited by ZingaliMan

So Dennis might be back but Brophy's season is over? The f**k? To be fair, I'd rather have it that way round, but still.
Thank f**k Brophy's 10k a week contract doesn't start till next season eh?

Not great. Would have liked him bedded in for next season.

Dennis has had no luck with injuries either. Why aren't we allowed nice things?

Death by 1000 cuts, it's been that sort of season. Now, to be fair Goodwin's managed to some decent points on the board but if we had maybe 2 less victories to our name all these injuries coupled with the upturn of Motherwell fortunes and the likely upturn in Killie's, this could have been a real humdinger of a scrap.

Be interested to know Brophy's injury track record. Were we just unlucky or is this a typical thing.

16 minutes ago, Ric said:

Be interested to know Brophy's injury track record. Were we just unlucky or is this a typical thing.

Transfermarkt is the place to check these things.

Screenshot_20210212-170305_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5aa5c71912e545b0872a239868623f79.jpg

FWIW, injuries in England are apparently massively up this season due to the massive break between 19/20 and 20/21, then compressed 20/21 season. No idea if it's the same up here but probably would be. You might see other clubs start to have injuries piling up.

2 centre-forwards injured, we can cover..... Obika is looking sharp and Erwin is reliable.

If it had been 2 centre-halves....  Shaughnessy and McCarthy injured and we'd be in serious bother! Finlayson for his debut and ehhh Foley, no hang on..... Fraser? Tait?

So could be worse. Also, we're 6th in the league!

Edited by Buttocks Brown

Goodwin saying what we all think. Unfortunately we aren’t totally innocent in this. 
For most of the penalties given you would be quite rightly ridiculed if they happened when playing 11’s or 5ves with your pals. This idea that you are entitled to go down is an embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Goodwin saying what we all think. Unfortunately we aren’t totally innocent in this. 
For most of the penalties given you would be quite rightly ridiculed if they happened when playing 11’s or 5ves with your pals. This idea that you are entitled to go down is an embarrassment. 

It is embarrassing,  but unfortunately the rules have allowed this to happen. The way football is going, any contract will be outlawed in 5 years time.

2 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Hasn't Obika been guilty of this on at least two occasions in recent weeks?

Goodwin will hopefully get a lengthy touchline ban or a large fine for this outburst.

Accusing Jamie Murphy of diving when neither Fraser or any other St Mirren player complained at the time.

Twat.

Really Goodwin. His comments after the laughable Erwin dive last month. Don’t remember any “ Naming and shaming” from him.

St Mirren manager Jim Goodwin: "Motherwell started the game much brighter. We struggled with their set plays in the first half. Unfortunately, that's where the goal comes from.

"Second half we were a lot more like ourselves and deservedly got a point in the end. At the time, I thought it was a penalty."

Edited by Yorky