The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Regarding the financial benefits of a top 6 finish....

Leanne Dempster was on Off the Ball last week and said that the money received from Old Firm fans paying to watch Hibs TV was significant. Even a home game against Aberdeen rather than say St Johnstone would be an additional 5 figure sum you would presume.

How many OF away games after the split aren't shown live on Sky though?

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Almost every Old Firm game is on Sky. Would it not have been cheaper to buy a Now TV pass for the game?

This Wednesday vs Celtic will be the first time we've been on Sky all season. 

The other home match vs Celtic was meant to be on Sky initially but it got postponed because of the Bolingoli situation and the rearranged fixture wasn't on Sky.

It will also be the first league game we've not been able to show this season.

I think I disagree on his passing; he does still make passing errors, but I think that's down to decision making rather than ability. He has shown he can pick a pass superbly at times. He's also a lot more forward-looking than I expected him to be prior to this season. 
I think he's got most the ingredients to be a great player and he's getting better all the time. There was a point yesterday when he sort of hesitated on the ball and nearly got into trouble, but he didn't panic, used his strength, held the guy off and found a pass.
The more I watch him the more I think any issues he has are down to being 19 years old. He's going to be tremendous in five years' time if he makes the right choices and works hard.
I'm not saying it was ability per se you might well be right re decision making but either way he needs to work on it. He stepped in superbly to break up play umpteen times yesterday but about half the time he then played it straight back to a Killie player. He's still young and a tremendous prospect so plenty time to iron it out.

International subscribers only according to the commentary on Saturday. Must be because of the agreement with SKY?

Didn't the club say season ticket holders would see all games at the start of the season? I heard the bit youve mentioned too but assumed they meant no PPV only [emoji2369]

Edit to add, they did...

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3696-free-live-streaming-will-be-available-for-season-ticket-holders

20 minutes ago, jm1 said:

Didn't the club say season ticket holders would see all games at the start of the season? I heard the bit youve mentioned too but assumed they meant no PPV only emoji2369.png

No season ticket holders either. :(

It's a similar situation as the league cup games that were only available on Premier Sports.

I stand corrected.:)

Edited by FTOF

Season ticket holders can watch Sky games through their club TV channel, its only PPV that's not allowed. Only way Sky agreed to let PPV happen at all.

That's how it works for us so I'd be surprised if St Mirren were different.

9 hours ago, Lex said:

No it wouldn’t but fifth would. Livi apparently aren’t invincible as we seen yesterday so that’s a realistic aim for us - but only if we get ourselves in the top six.

To be fair they looked thoroughly mediocre in the semi final as well; it's just that we were atrocious.

Didn't the club say season ticket holders would see all games at the start of the season? I heard the bit youve mentioned too but assumed they meant no PPV only [emoji2369]

Edit to add, they did...

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3696-free-live-streaming-will-be-available-for-season-ticket-holders
Nice one.

53 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Nice one.

The commentators on Saturday mentioned at least twice that there is no live video feed on Wednesday, only audio because of Sky. Maybe they were talking PPV service only. 

Edited by djchapsticks

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's not that I disagree with it, I just feel the part about him being head hunted doesn't need said. Levein is in no way some sort of naive child here, he knows what he is saying.

Maybe I’m naive but JG doesn’t strike me as the Jack Ross Mercenary type of guy, he’s genuinely humble and was at pains to stress how much he owes to the directors for their faith in him given all that happened around Covidgate. 

We had a real poor run at one point where many including me were asking if he was the right man for the job. I’m so happy that he’s proved many wrong and with a fully fit squad, is proving himself to be a good manager at this level. He’s still learning his trade and I think his project with us will go on for a few more seasons before he takes a step up to another bigger club.   

It's not really anything to do with JG, I am sure if he continues to be a success he'll be looked upon for bigger jobs than the St Mirren post, and I should point out I'm not frothing at the mouth at Levein's comments, more just feel they are unnecessary from a man who knows better than to tout a manager currently in a job.

It's a throwaway line, I get that, more fluff for an already fluffy bit of journalism.

Edited by Ric