The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

The posts on twitter on facebook are hilarious in hindsight. Full of people moaning saying "what the fucks that line up about" and "Jim's on the wind up" pre-match. 
Despite Celtic being shite you can't just go gung ho at them. Danny Lennon did that once and got humped, you need a good defensive basis and try to get players forward to support your attacks. We did that really well with Connelly and Durmas. Dennis didn't impress me at all at the start of the season but he looked right good this afternoon. 
Same. I'll hold my hands up regarding Dennis, kept picking up injuries, couldn't get a run in the team and it just didn't look like it was going to work out.

Scored a few goals now and looks a right player.

Everyone was immense today, Shaughnessy at the back was incredible, Fraser goes about his business quietly, Connolly ran himself into the ground.

Cammy and Erhahon marshalled the midfield well, delighted for MacPherson actually. There is a diamond of a player in there.

Alnwick pulled off a good save at the end, how many times do you see they headers go into the bottom corner.

Just now, GAD said:

Who was it that said Tony Fitzpatrick thinking St Mirren could get into the top six was exactly the same as Wullie Miller thinking Aberdeen should be winning the Champions League? Was it Randomguy?

Alan Stubbs surely.

19 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've stuck these two into the main game thread, but just in case they get lost in all the snotters, tears and laughter posts, here are a couple of imgur links to the goals..

Dennis - https://i.imgur.com/YMFSHAv.mp4 // Durmus - https://i.imgur.com/MZIU0c5.mp4

Both goals are a thing of beauty.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, I commented in the main thread that Dennis' form when striking the ball and McAllister's cross are brilliant bits of skill.

If these goals had been the EPL the commentators would have been saying "goals of the year" Sometimes we sell ourselves short up here.

59 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've stuck these two into the main game thread, but just in case they get lost in all the snotters, tears and laughter posts, here are a couple of imgur links to the goals..

Dennis - https://i.imgur.com/YMFSHAv.mp4 // Durmus - https://i.imgur.com/MZIU0c5.mp4

39 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Both goals are a thing of beauty.

Dennis's goal was an absolute peach. Absolutely brilliant day. :) 

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The f**k is that picture caption?! 😂

Screenshot_20210130-213826.png

We took a fair bit of ridicule at the start of the season when he came out with this - and I thought he should calm himself and let the fitba do the talking. However, the fact is the team are proving the big man right. :) 

Killie and Motherwell have punched above their weight for years. Maybe this is our time. What I will say is that unless we grow as a club, it will be difficult to sustain. 

20/21: 5-1 at Tannadice and beating both halves of the Old Firm. If it ended tomorrow then this would go down as a season of exceptional results.

Perhaps missed it but do we know why Erwin has suddenly disappeared from matchday squads?

Also, a bit like Erwin for us, Stevie Mallan has dropped out of Hibs squads. Meanwhile, we've offloaded two central midfielders in Sheron and Foley..... reading too much into that?

Edited by Buttocks Brown

6 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

We took a fair bit of ridicule at the start of the season when he came out with this - and I thought he should calm himself and let the fitba do the talking. However, the fact is the team are proving the big man right. :) 

Killie and Motherwell have punched above their weight for years. Maybe this is our time. What I will say is that unless we grow as a club, it will be difficult to sustain. 

But who is that guy?

4 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

20/21: 5-1 at Tannadice and beating both halves of the Old Firm. If it ended tomorrow then this would go down as a season of exceptional results.

Perhaps missed it but do we know why Erwin has suddenly disappeared from matchday squads?

Also, a bit like Erwin for us, Stevie Mallan has dropped out of Hibs squads. Meanwhile, we've offloaded two central midfielders in Sheron and Foley..... reading too much into that?

Said on the radio today that Erwin is injured

Watch Jim's interviews on smtv.

Imagine we secure top 6 this season, even if we don’t, imagine we even secure a season without trouser-troubling relegation worries. Imagine we rack up some more wins along the way like today, and at Tannadice. Now imagine that no fans are allowed into games for the rest of this season. Next, imagine Goody makes a few decent summer singings. Then, it is announced that fans, in normal numbers, will be back for the first game of season 2021/22. The fixtures come out, and it’s St Mirren v anyone that isn’t an ugly sister, first game. Home or away. In decent weather, pristine pitch, after the life we’ve all had since March 2020. The atmosphere at that first game. It is going to be absolutely fcuking amazing. Mental. Really hope it’s Killie, at home. Spine tingling.