The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Goes without saying but that result was a huge boost for our GD, too. Bit of a cliché, but that's effectively an extra point on the board there, especially when you look at the disastrous -GD that Accies and County are currently sitting on.

As long as we don't give them all back on Saturday.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Anything in the grapevine about this? Or is it just based on his absence and poor performances?

I'd also heard something that would suggest he is maybe heading back.

I don't know what the deal is with Sheron, though hadn't impressed in any  games played and hasn't featured since probably September/October now. 

Jim said way back at the start of the season that there was a real dearth of left backs even using this expensive software we have that picks out potential signings. Looks like maybe one has been identified now.

The only local one I can think of is Waters who is coming to the end of his contract at Killie. Injured for the next few weeks though and seemingly attracting interest from England.

11 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Jim said way back at the start of the season that there was a real dearth of left backs even using this expensive software we have that picks out potential signings. Looks like maybe one has been identified now.

The only local one I can think of is Waters who is coming to the end of his contract at Killie. Injured for the next few weeks though and seemingly attracting interest from England.

Jim said leaving the EU has affected his options on signings from other countries, though as far as i'm led to believe, that hasn't quite kicked in yet, so possibly another addition from Ireland or another country within the EU?

If Goodwin plans on using Mason to support Tait, who we all accept isn't the fastest guy nor is he left footed, by playing him in a left winger/wingback role, then having another left sided defender to allow cover on the bench isn't a bad idea at all.

12 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Sheron officially away back to Fleetwood.

I feel bad for the lad. He wasn't good enough and ended up even behind injured players and non-central-midfielders in the list to play CM. Can't have been much fun, in the currently climate, to be on loan somewhere far from home, not getting played.

Hope he finds somewhere at his level where he can get a game.

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I feel bad for the lad. He wasn't good enough and ended up even behind injured players and non-central-midfielders in the list to play CM. Can't have been much fun, in the currently climate, to be on loan somewhere far from home, not getting played.

Hope he finds somewhere at his level where he can get a game.

Agreed. He simply wasn't good enough for this level. 

Just now, ulysses said:

If we’ve let Sheron go then can we assume it’s a centre mid? Maybe not as we’ve now got Flynn, JDH, Ethan and Cammy (as well as McGrath) for that area of the park.

Jim seemed to be more focused on the 'left-footed defender' thing, so that'd be my guess.