The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

12 minutes ago, scam75 said:

Their goalie is huge emoji15.png

Morias looks about 2 stone lighter than when I seen him last time for St Mirren. Think the stripes were a tad unflattering for his build. 

McNamara starting for Millwall too, been on loan at St Johnstone for the first part of the season. Always impressed by him anytime I seen St Johnstone, having a good game here too. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

15 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Morias looks about 2 stone lighter than when I seen him last time for St Mirren. Think the stripes were a tad unflattering for his build. 

McNamara starting for Millwall too, been on loan at St Johnstone for the first part of the season. Always impressed by him anytime I seen St Johnstone, having a good game here too. 

No sure how good the guy Brown is from Millwall that St. Johnstone got but losing McNamara will have certainly weakened them. He always impressed me.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

No sure how good the guy Brown is from Millwall that St. Johnstone got but losing McNamara will have certainly weakened them. He always impressed me.

Depends if Brown can cross a ball or not, McNamara couldn't...

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Just heard the commentator say McNamara is a Republic of Ireland U21 international. I think someone has been having me on as I was sure he was Scottish and was Jackie McNamaras son :lol: 

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I played against him on 29/04/2002 in the very 1st Saints Aid game.

The Saints legends were mainly the 87 cup winning team...

Money, Cooper, Brian Hamilton, McGarvey, McDowall. Lexy Richardson also played.

Lambert and Ferguson were still pros at the time so cou;dn't make it.

I played in that too. Remember just before kick off standing left mid, and looking across the half way line at a still very fit and young looking Kenny McDowell.

Best memory was trying to tackle McGarvey in a packed ‘fans’ box (pretty much the tale of the whole game).

Think Frank had scored 3 by that point. He elbowed me in the ribs - missed with his shot - and then screamed at the ref for a penalty.

Loved that!!!!

5 hours ago, Ric said:

McGarvey was my first favourite player.

Alex Beckett was mine. Would pay good money to see a combination of Beckett and Aber’ in their prime on the same field as Scott Brown and Steven Naismith. 😀

Jim Goodwin on BBC radio before the game just there:
Patience required with Quaner he says as he's not played any football for awhile. 
On the appeal, he admitted that there were players in the squad who car-shared but is hoping for a positive outcome.
No mention of Obika or Mason.
Obika and Mason injured Goody confirmed post match. Obika hopefully back next week but Mason more serious and might be missing for a few weeks.

Dennis was already confirmed injured before today.

Enjoyed Quaners half time interview today. Sounds like he is eager to get going, and happy about the opportunity to get back playing football again. Hopefully a real asset for the 2nd half of the season. 

Obika and Mason injured Goody confirmed post match. Obika hopefully back next week but Mason more serious and might be missing for a few weeks.

Dennis was already confirmed injured before today.
I'm beginning to chalk Dennis off tbh. Nice goal against County but he has done nothing else. Well apart from keep the physio busy*

*Not a Jack Ross innuendo

There is one slightly dirty cloud on the horizon. Not saying this could happen, just saying it's maybe not beyond the realms of possibility.

County get some form of result from their game against Livi, even just a point. On the 14th the SFA announce that forfeiting the games was not the right decision. The SPFL then decide that the punishment should be docked points, of a similar value. 6 points docked (which imo would be incredibly harsh, but this is the SPFL we're talking about) would put bottom of the league.

I'm not saying this _will_ happen, just saying it's not outwith all possibility.

I had been thinking that too but was adraid to say it out loud in case it happens.

If it does - unlikely but possible - the games would have to be replayed. We would be bottom with two games in hand on the three teams above us.

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

If it does - unlikely but possible - the games would have to be replayed. We would be bottom with two games in hand on the three teams above us.

Imagine the delight from Hearts fans though if that came to pass and then the season was suspended.