The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I'm pleasantly surprised that we are on the ball and getting transfers in and out at the start of the window.

Beats all the fannying about with 10 seconds to go on the last night. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hmmm, this would be news. No idea who in the squad we'd swap for Brophy.

image.png.776c7372611bf912565cd3b75f5d989c.png

I actually thought we might go for Andre Wright, based on nothing other than he's playing in Ireland and is the only regular goalscorer there who isn't quite old already. I can't for the life of me see Killie having any interest in Erwin, Denis or Obika.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Would imagine Erwin or Dennis would be the only ones we’d be willing to part with. Erwin played at Killie with Clarke and Dyer in his first season.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I actually thought we might go for Andre Wright, based on nothing other than he's playing in Ireland and is the only regular goalscorer there who isn't quite old already. I can't for the life of me see Killie having any interest in Erwin, Denis or Obika.

I can see them taking Erwin back.

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Assuming that means it's deffo not happening in Jan?

It's obviously different clubs etc., but we announced McCart on a PCA last January then signed him proper about a week later, so it doesn't rule out a January move.

Erwin is the only logical candidate for a swap deal to push the move through early.

Dennis still has to prove himself so can't imagine he'd be an attractive option for a fellow Premiership club and Obika would surely not be on the table.

I wouldn't rule us out of signing another striker in January either way now that Junior is away.

2 minutes ago, Div said:

Erwin is the only logical candidate for a swap deal to push the move through early.

Dennis still has to prove himself so can't imagine he'd be an attractive option for a fellow Premiership club and Obika would surely not be on the table.

I wouldn't rule us out of signing another striker in January either way now that Junior is away.

He played almost every game for Kilmarnock the season he was there !

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

He played almost every game for Kilmarnock the season he was there !

Aye, as someone has just pointed out on Twitter though he's already played for County and Saints this campaign so that would rule him out playing for anyone else this season, assuming that rule is still in place.

ETA; It's not https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8411575/Players-allowed-play-THREE-clubs-one-season-2020-21-campaign.html

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I can see them taking Erwin back.

I'd happily take Erwin back. 

I'm quite envious of having a pro-active manager, albeit I am not too fussed about losing Brophy.  He's gone stale recently, so probably needs a change of club. 

Good luck to him though, as long as he doesn't score against us 

Aye, as someone has just pointed out on Twitter though he's already played for County and Saints this campaign so that would rule him out playing for anyone else this season, assuming that rule is still in place.
ETA; It's not https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8411575/Players-allowed-play-THREE-clubs-one-season-2020-21-campaign.html
REVEALED: Players will be allowed to play for THREE clubs in one season for the 2020-21 campaign, while FIFA will allow the transfer window to open before the season ends.11 Jun 2020

6 minutes ago, Div said:

assuming that rule is still in place.

It is.

Presumably a fees not on the table since Hamilton would be due a cut, so player swapping is the only way it gets done this month.

Edit, had no idea they'd changed the rules this season. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

My sources are telling me that St Mirren are prepared to swap Kilmarnock Eamonn Brophy for the 0.33% of the sell on fee for John McGinn's next transfer that they're entitled to. Big, if true.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

It isn't. Waived and extended to three clubs by FIFA for this season only.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It is.

Presumably a fees not on the table since Hamilton would be due a cut, so player swapping is the only way it gets done this month.

Edit, had no idea they'd changed the rules this season. 

Aye just seen that.

Live and learn.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Morias gone

Yeah, saw that earlier. Was just meaning if 2 go in the window and one comes in, we will only have 3 forwards in the squad.

We'll definitely go for another, even if it's just until the end of the season.