The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

It's just so unfair and bizarre isn't it? How on earth could  the normally ultra sensible, consistent, competent and fair SPFL make such a total hash of something like this?

Haha. This is delicious. Apparently the Dundee vote and all that followed was perfectly fine and normal, but folk now throw their hands in the air and use words like "clusterfuck" and act all surprised when something totally predictable like players getting covid happens and there's no sensible plan to cope with it from the SPFL.

Figured out if 75% is more than 25% yet?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s a disgusting thing for that scumbag to have posted that horrible comment.

Take your post down though mate cos that p***k doesn’t deserve any more space on social media.

Thankfully the @neilcockburn account no longer exists.

https://twitter.com/NeilCockburn

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I don't get the seethe either. St Mirren starting the week by trying to take the piss on Twitter and ending it by begging for our reserve keeper is very, very funny.

Or Hearts fans starting the week still raging about being a championship club and raging about St Mirren twitter. 

To then end the week still a championship club and raging that your club helped  out the club that relegated you by giving us a goalie. 

Ann budge is sound as f**k 

Douglas McNeil saying Zlamal likely to be in goals today. Good to see the disconnect between the Hearts boardroom and the fans. I was sure I read on multiple occasions Hearts were not going to help out any teams following their unanimously agreed relegation. Not least the Saints who have taken great delight in their relegation and riled up so many with a simple ‘heartbreaker’ tweet.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

I knew we’d really got under Hearts fans skins last season. Big Jon relegating them really upset them and then some top trolling from various outlets really rubbed salt in their wound.

I didn’t realise we’d gotten to them this badly though. We’ve got them so raging that some Hearts fans are actually supporting Hibs in their game against us today. Fantastic stuff.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189873-st-mirren-player-tests-positive-for-covid-trying-to-get-zlamal/

This thread is absolutely delightful reading, the tears and rage are palpable almost six months later. I guess they’re trying to create some kind of rivalry with us.

Has any club managed to get another club - who isn’t their rivals - in such a state as this before?

Yep. I think St Mirren did it to Hearts in 1986.

27 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Douglas McNeil saying Zlamal likely to be in goals today. Good to see the disconnect between the Hearts boardroom and the fans. I was sure I read on multiple occasions Hearts were not going to help out any teams following their unanimously agreed relegation. Not least the Saints who have taken great delight in their relegation and riled up so many with a simple ‘heartbreaker’ tweet.

Maybe it's a dastardly plan, and he's been instructed to concede loads of goals...

34 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Exactly. It's almost as if clubs make decisions based on what is right for them and their players, rather than what plonkers on social media want. 

6 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Maybe it's a dastardly plan, and he's been instructed to concede loads of goals...

😳

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Exactly. It's almost as if clubs make decisions based on what is right for them and their players, rather than what plonkers on social media want. 

😳

To be fair, if the boot was on the other foot, and we were being asked for a favour by a club with a pinned tweet mocking our misfortune, I'd probably want the club to stick it to them too.