The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Would the league have been called if Celtic were 4 pts behind Rangers with 8 to play? Yes, it's just so unfair isn't. Take your medicine. Boo hoo. Get doon. I think that's the correct response.

Are you on some kind of medication? GIE IT A REST FFS and go back to the Championship forum where you belong

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Had it been 3 outfield players we'd have coped. Keepers are different though. Would a Celtic v Rangers game have gone ahead if either had lost 3 keepers the day before a game? I think we all know the answer to that. 

This is the league and leadership you signed up for over the summer. You backed it and never asked questions. 

I sympathise for you on some levels but you’re just going to have to accept you’re part of a shambolic league and can only hope you make it to the end of the season. 

Hopefully we don’t lend you Bobby but I think we will - it’s a good opportunity for him. 

28 minutes ago, Miko’s Dive said:

This is the league and leadership you signed up for over the summer. You backed it and never asked questions. 

I sympathise for you on some levels but you’re just going to have to accept you’re part of a shambolic league and can only hope you make it to the end of the season. 

Hopefully we don’t lend you Bobby but I think we will - it’s a good opportunity for him. 

3 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Had it been 3 outfield players we'd have coped. Keepers are different though. Would a Celtic v Rangers game have gone ahead if either had lost 3 keepers the day before a game? I think we all know the answer to that. 

Depends on which team was affected.

I don't see why this game wasn't delayed to give you guys some time here, pretty ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Well no Club is going to lend us a keeper. Either we ask for a postponement tonight or ask for an outfield player to volunteer. Wonder if things would be different if either of the OF had to play without a keeper?

I can't believe we were asking Hearts to lend us a 'keepr?! Surely that's an absolute piss take?

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

Are you on some kind of medication? GIE IT A REST FFS and go back to the Championship forum where you belong

Dry yer eyes. Isn't that the stock reply when something unfair happens to another team?

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its absolutely bizarre they punish St Mirren to play without a goalkeeper, despite no rules being broken, yet Aberdeen get allowed to avoid playing while 8 players down.

The authorities have somehow made the punishment worse for abiding by the rules.

Absolute clusterfuck. You'll now have OF teams who face a game without key players due to infection actively getting players to break quarantine rules so the games postponed, as all that happens is they'll get 14 days to prepare.

It's just so unfair and bizarre isn't it? How on earth could  the normally ultra sensible, consistent, competent and fair SPFL make such a total hash of something like this?

Haha. This is delicious. Apparently the Dundee vote and all that followed was perfectly fine and normal, but folk now throw their hands in the air and use words like "clusterfuck" and act all surprised when something totally predictable like players getting covid happens and there's no sensible plan to cope with it from the SPFL.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Honestly mate, f**k off.

Kicking folk when they're down is what Scottish football is all about these days though, apparently. Until mid-October it's all we have. Allow us our small pleasures.

Guest 8GamesToGo
17 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Didn't think they'd sink this low to be honest. Screenshot_20200912-004031_Twitter.jpeg

Your team literally voted your team out of relegation/playoff danger and voted other teams into leagues you knew might not even play during an economic crisis, knowing the job losses and potentially worse that would result, then refused to even consider reconstruction. You then double down on it posting shite on social media like #heartbreaker during a fucking pandemic people are actually dying in. Meanwhile you had the fucking brass neck to take 50 grand from a donor who is a Hearts fan and was introduced to Doncaster by Hearts and then ask if you can borrow our goalie.

Do you not maybe think you'll get some comeback for that?

Edited by 8GamesToGo

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Your team literally voted your team out of relegation/playoff danger and voted other teams into leagues you knew might not even play during an economic crisis, knowing the job losses and potentially worse that would result, then refused to even consider reconstruction. You then double down on it posting shite on social media like #heartbreaker during a fucking pandemic people are actually dying in. Meanwhile you had the fucking brass neck to take 50 grand from a donor who is a Hearts fan and was introduced to Doncaster by Hearts and then ask if you can borrow our goalie.

How can you even try to justify that tweet about Tony’s dead son you fucking bellend.

Hiya Neil Cockburn [emoji112].

What has any of that got to do with Tony Fitzpatrick's dead son? You are trying to justify that comment?

Deary me.

Guest 8GamesToGo
16 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

How can you even try to justify that tweet about Tony’s dead son you fucking bellend.

Eh? A picture of Obika promoting a game vs Hibs with the hashtag heartbreaker - "Watch the #heartbreaker in action". 

What's wrong with you? Twilight Zone stuff.

Edited by 8GamesToGo